Vented log bags vs rats/ mice

Stihl123

Every person I know that has a bird feeder has a problem with rats ... my parents, mother in law and sister in law have all had issues with them.

I quite fancied volunteering to go up to some local ish pig farms at night with air guns as appaently they're pretty

prolific there ... what a great night's entertainment that'd be 😁

Be even more fun with a flame thrower 🤣

9 hours ago, Witterings said:

Every person I know that has a bird feeder has a problem with rats ... my parents, mother in law and sister in law have all had issues with them.

I quite fancied volunteering to go up to some local ish pig farms at night with air guns as appaently they're pretty

prolific there ... what a great night's entertainment that'd be 😁

Be even more fun with a flame thrower 🤣

I expect every person you don't know with a bird feeder has the same problem . 🙂

Bird feeder, hate to say it but depends how much you put out for them, bit of a PITA putting out just enough each morning so that 'Basil' has nothing to eat at night. 'Dave the Fat' pigeon polishes off any left overs at mine, suspect I'll get the odd night visitor but I've never noticed them yet. My bird table has been pecked clean today.

I have a cat scarer thing - makes a noise that he cat doesn't like (it works, so far no cat mess in the garden since Christmas, down from every other day before), can you get the same for rats? Might work or will they just get used to it or gnaw through the leg to disable it?

Pest controller was around yesterday (dropping off rather than collecting), his Lurcher is doing well, he doesn't rate terriers and Jack Russels though.

If we didn't feed the birds, the rats would still be there but we wouldn't see them. It isn't a problem for me, got a couple of decent rifles that will dispatch a rat very easily.

The bird food falls from the holders on to the ground and usually the fat pigeons hoover it up and the odd rat that turns up doesn't last long! I am sure most of the people in the village would say that they couldn't possibly have rats...really:flute: They aren't under my shed....anymore;)

• Like 1