Bright Yellow Paint!

Billhook

After over a year and a half of searching, been round the farm, searched all the woods and tool stores and vehicles, just about given up when I found my missing Stihl skidding/ lifting tongs in my garden leaning up against a tree.  The bright original paint had worn off and a layer of rust and green mould had made them invisible.  I must have walked by them a hundred times

Anyway I searched the web and could not find another set anywhere.  I bought these in 1996.  I did not think that they looked strong enough but as I used them more and more, I was amazed how they coped with everything.  Never bent and never had to be sharpened.

in the end I bought these much heavier duty Wilmec double tongs which are excellent but less handy for smaller jobs

I have also searched the web for another set of these for a friend who was similarly impressed, but they too seem to be out of production .

The Stihl ones open to about 20 inches and the Wilmec ones to over four feet. ( for a slab). Three and a half feet for a log

With the Stihl ones I did have to leave the cab to put them over the log but the Wilmec ones are brilliant and seem to grip every time

Anyone know if either are available?

I have invested in a pot of Matbro yellow paint and had a morning dabbing most of our tools!

030A229A-A39B-43B7-AE46-F2A3C19400BD.jpeg

C1D32BE9-ECDA-47C5-9BB6-BA7515D019C8.jpeg

• Like 2

Bright yellow paint!

I got a van load of paint for free when a local organisation was having a clearout. Hundreds and hundreds of litres of all different types of paint, emulsion, oil based, gloss, eggshell, masonary, etc, in loads of different colours.

Ended up with about 100l of bright yellow paint that I'm really struggling to find a use for. :joyman:

22 hours ago, scbk said:

Bright yellow paint!

I got a van load of paint for free when a local organisation was having a clearout. Hundreds and hundreds of litres of all different types of paint, emulsion, oil based, gloss, eggshell, masonary, etc, in loads of different colours.

Ended up with about 100l of bright yellow paint that I'm really struggling to find a use for. :joyman:

Well you have all those 10mm spanners and electrical screwdrivers for a start, then tape measures, trowels, axes, knives, chains, shackles,  groundies..............!