Mobile mill/ Theft and Damage cover

Johnsond

Hi 

Looking for someone whom will cover a mobile sawmill for theft and damage etc. I’ve already got public liability etc and arborisk stated they’d only quote for the mill if I had that with them. Any info would be appreciated. 
Cheers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Me as well. One that covers rust perhaps. My woodland mills isn’t a year old yet!c7a1316212901c7a0d82ec5885b6504c.jpg

I have an ifor LM 146 owned from new and the standard of galvanising leaves a lot to be desired in places with visible rusting. I fabbed  up an A frame for the back and had that galvanised locally pretty much straight after buying the trailer and the difference is night and day just a couple of years later with the A frame still perfect. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Looking for someone whom will cover a mobile sawmill for theft and damage etc

Hi, is there some difference between insuring a mill and other tools and equipment, assuming that it's not left anywhere unsecured ?

4 minutes ago, Macpherson said:

Hi, is there some difference between insuring a mill and other tools and equipment, assuming that it's not left anywhere unsecured ?

I’d like to think not, just wondered if anyone had good or bad experiences with a particular insurer. 

16 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’d like to think not, just wondered if anyone had good or bad experiences with a particular insurer. 

Ah... I see,  if your commercial then I guess it won't be cheap, I don't like to think about the dosh I've spent on various insurances throughout my working life.

On the other hand if your stuff is just personal, like mine is now, you can probably / maybe get it on your home insurance as mine is.... up to a point, cheers.

Edited by Macpherson