Mobile mill/ Theft and Damage cover

Johnsond

55 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I’d like to think not, just wondered if anyone had good or bad experiences with a particular insurer. 

My Domestic insurer (as a Hobby Miller)  flat out refused to insure it. 
Being "portable"  made it removable and they would not cover it unless it was enclosed within a structure and made more permanent. Things that I could not do. 

My own risk. 

Mediocre experience ...sorry.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bob_z_l said:

My Domestic insurer (as a Hobby Miller)  flat out refused to insure it. 
Being "portable"  made it removable and they would not cover it unless it was enclosed within a structure and made more permanent. Things that I could not do. 

My own risk. 

Mediocre experience ...sorry.

This is where Im at as well. 

3 hours ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

Me as well. One that covers rust perhaps. My woodland mills isn’t a year old yet!c7a1316212901c7a0d82ec5885b6504c.jpg

Not sure how it works on already galvanised metal but Buzzweld make some cracking products for anti-rust applications.  As a Defender owner I have bought a lot from them. 

Everything you need to restore your project, make it, sell it, use it. Thats why we provide the best advice in the UK!

• Like 1

Just now, Tippin Alaybye said:

I’ve already got a tin of hammerite to paint it. I don’t care how it looks , just rust free

I was going down the same road for some rusted sections on the bulkhead of my 130 but came across this other stuff (rust converter and paint in one with penetrating capacity) so I went for that.

I had some issues re-spraying a panel (my bad prep not the product) and they talked me through it over the phone there and then and all sorted. 

Seem to remember he had a video on youtube comparing various products painted on a piece of RSJ left out in the rain and it was interesting to see how bad some of the main brand stuff was.

Anyhow - the bits of shoddy rusty  Landy that I've painted are still good about 2 years down the line.

• Like 1