"coolest" type A?

Paddy1000111

Hi guys, 

I know this question has been asked 1,000,000 times but new models keep coming out and companies keep changing designs. With the weather picking up I'm sick gaining 2kg in water weight through the day in type c's when doing pruning jobs etc from the ground. Does anyone have any advice for some nice cool type A trousers that aren't going to be sweaty and uncomfortable but don't break the bank, say sub £150? 

Cheers!

• Like 1

I’ve got a few pairs of the Solidur Infinity trousers. Very impressed. First pair has survived nearly two years of forestry but on their way out now. They have absolutely massive vents on the back of them which is excellent. They’re tough on the ankle areas and knees etc and have gaitors that can be removed too. Only gripe is the colour choice. You can have any colour you like, as long as it’s red! Got first pair from Treekit I think, second pair from Chris Forestry. 

• Thanks 1

Not “advice” as such (just in case you take it😂)

Why bother with type C at all and certainly on the ground. 

Type C have become commonplace to protect the careless, the reckless and the inexperienced from damaging themselves. 

Example - all round protection to protect the back of the legs... What sort of spanner would try and do a cut behind them self rather than getting into a more suitable work position?

If you’re not in any of those categories, don’t bother with type C....

Just a point of view from the backcountry - suns out, shorts & flip flops here!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Not “advice” as such (just in case you take it😂)

Why bother with type C at all and certainly on the ground. 

Type C have become commonplace to protect the careless, the reckless and the inexperienced from damaging themselves. 

Example - all round protection to protect the back of the legs... What sort of spanner would try and do a cut behind them self rather than getting into a more suitable work position?

If you’re not in any of those categories, don’t bother with type C....

Just a point of view from the backcountry - suns out, shorts & flip flops here!

am that spanner. 😂 

In all seriousness though, I agree. Just always worn type C through habbit but mainly because my type A was a pair of Stihl ego or whatever the base level was and I hated them, baggy and would tear on thorns with a nice little set of ribbons coming out for show. I'd rather be in type A but just done things by the book as I haven't always been working for myself 

• Like 1