possible new project for woodland mills

agrimog

heres an interesting thought for the boffins back at woodland mills, a sawdust briquet making machine, everybody seems to be looking for ways to get rid of the masses of fine sawdust produced by the bandmill, how about a briquet maker, Ive been looking at various "home made" versions on that demon, you tube, mosk of them seeming to originate from eastern europe, but oh so simple in concept and construction........the basic theory is that you squeexe the swdust down a tube of dereasing size until the force causes the pressure to rise andheat to build up to a point where it cases the lignum in the swadust to melt and bind it all back together again, it then squeezes out the end like toothpaste, hardens in the air, and breaks of into chunks that you can burn.........very efficiently I might add. There seems to be 2 styles of forcing the sawdust along the tube, 1., a hydraulic ram, which cycles back and forward pusshing the sawdust, and 2., an extrusion screw, which runs constant doing the same thing. So, woodland mills, how about something nice and simple for us milling  timber, an electric motor, (or ic version), turning a feed screw, fed from a hopper, and squeezing out briquettes for our stoves(or for sale....depending on how much you mill)

• Like 2

A totally good idea I saw a low tech thing like that on ebay once using scafhold poles but could not find it again ,I would totally be into getting one or why dont we all get together and make and sell something I have a big workshop with welding  cutting milling etc could make us a heap of cash 

1 minute ago, gobbypunk said:

A totally good idea I saw a low tech thing like that on ebay once using scafhold poles but could not find it again ,I would totally be into getting one or why dont we all get together and make and sell something I have a big workshop with welding  cutting milling etc could make us a heap of cash 

Dont give up the day job mark 😏 Dragons den is calling you both

Edited by topchippyles