Protos Muffs Upgrade

KWarb17

Hi

Looking to upgrade my protos muffs to the Peltor 3M version. Question is, can you just get the Protos brackets for the Peltors and any Peltor muff will fit?

Gusharts do the kit but only in yellow. Wondering about buying the bracket separately and the right colour muff for my helmet.

Any suggestions/photos/advice would be much appreciated 

Cheers

You need to buy other brackets. Did it to one of mine, because the dampening was insufficient for one of my machines, upgraded it to peltor X5. In general it seems to me, that the protos, eventho it has a certificate, does not do a very good job in noise reduction. 

I upgraded my other one with aluminium butyl in the cups and peltor foam rings. Much better now, but nö comparison to the X5. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks.  I have the brackets - those wishbone shaped pieces I assume you mean.

A friend swears that he changed his Protos muffs for a pair of Peltor 'chipper muff' rated defenders, i.e.SNR 32ish, that do just fit; he admits they're a squeeze but they can be made to fit. Unfortunately someone who borrowed the hat forgot to return it so he can't check for me 🙄

Any ideas what model they would be?

The long and short of it is the Protos muffs need changing; they're poor and I have a loud saw (Echo 7310)

That's interesting.  I excluded the X5 from conversation as they're fat, like most chipper muffs.  Surely they don't slip under the helmet into the raised position?

I would appreciate a pic if it's not too much trouble

Thanks,

Jon

Edited by nepia