Neighbour damaging trees

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

Could you not dig a deep hole in the area and cover it carefully with blades of grass.

Then once you have captured them decide on wether your set them on fire, as Kevin suggested or simply backfill the hole with them in it in order to save on petrol?

Conversely you could gather up all the soil and mix it with water in a slurry tank.Then deposit it all back through their letter box at 0500 on Christmas morning.

There’s merit in both of those!

Save save petrol and/or deliver spoil back to nearest council office. 

I once did something quite similar after the refuse collection contract was switched to a new provider. 

For 5 consecutive weeks our bins were not emptied. 

New contract, new routes, some teething problems etc,etc,etc so I definitely cut them some slack and wife dutifully called the “missed bins hotline” each week, waiting patiently, on hold, for <30 mins per time only to be promised that “...they’d send someone out within 24hrs...” 

Needless to say, this saga continued for 5 weeks with an ever growing pile of broken reassuring promises of “teething problems” and “we’ll get that sorted” not to mention the uncollected garbage!

Day before scheduled (week 6) collection, I was passing council 1 stop shop (😂)

I’ll pop in and have a word thinks I. 

Waited in line, got to front of line, explained to lovely lady on the desk that bins hadn’t been collected for 5 weeks.

You need to phone the “hotline”, it’ll all get sorted she says....

Done that, 5 times says I. All I’m saying is, if it hasn’t gone by tomorrow, I’m bringing it in here. 

Oh no she says, “I’ll send an email, don’t worry, it’ll all be sorted!”

Righty-ho, thank you, hopefully won’t see you tomorrow. 

I know, you know what’s coming!

Scheduled week 6 collection day / time comes and goes - tumbleweed. 

Loaded 6 weeks worth of garbage in the trailer and set off for council 1 stop shop. 

Waited in line, almost got to the front but realised the customer in front of me was explaining the very same problem. So I butted in (politely) and said “I note you are having the same problem as me, I came in yesterday and spoke to this lovely lady and explained that, after 6 weeks, if it wasn’t resolved today I’d be bringing it all in here.”

Well guess what, here I am, I’m parked outside blocking the entrance / exit so wanted to ask - where do you want it?

Want what said the lady that had, 24hrs earlier, had the very same conversation with me. 

6 weeks worth of uncollected garbage you reassured me, just yesterday, that would be sorted today I said with a smile. 

She called “Nigel” - the kind of grounds / facilities manager. 

Nigel - from a cohort of perhaps not the most dynamic LA employees was notably exceptional as a miserable and short tempered barsteward - PERFECT!

What do you want he says...

Somewhat taken aback by his blunt, (slightly less than passive) aggressive approach, I realised I was in for some ‘sport’ with Nigel. 

I’ve got 6 weeks worth of garbage in the trailer Nigel, just popped in to ask where you want it dropping. 

We don’t take garbage here says Nigel, you need to contact the bin men. 

I know that Nigel, done it 5 times over the past 5 weeks and I came in yesterday to say I’d be bringing it in here if it wasn’t collected today (lovely lady behind desk nodding and smiling sweetly in affirmation - other customers waiting in line looking on with interest!

Well what is it contained in asks Nigel. 

Dumpy bags Nigel, 6 weeks worth. 

We can’t take dumpy bags, you’ll have to take it to the household waste recycling centre. 

Nigel, it’s here, outside, in the trailer which is blocking access / egress to the car park. I am here now purely as a courtesy to ask you where you want it. I know you “don’t” want it, but you’re having it. Is there a spot where I should unload which is less inconvenient than anywhere else, that’s all you have to decide. If you can’t, I’ll pick a spot which is convenient for me and you can sort the rest out at your leisure. Now then Nigel - where do you want it?

Nigel had a bad day, I’d shifted 6 weeks worth of uncollected garbage and the following week scheduled collection went off without a hitch. 

(I did book an appointment with the council tax nazis to discuss a breach of contract and additional costs associated with work of an unpleasant nature requiring a council tax rebate but didn’t follow it through fully.)

Anyway, to cut a long story long, maybe take the spoil in and drop it at council office?

• Like 6
  • Haha 2