Neighbour damaging trees

Don't bother with a local councillor; go to the top - write direct to the chairperson (PC me eh?) of the council.  I doubt that will be ignored.

Going to the top can work; it got me in trouble once but it did shake some action that would not have happened otherwise.  I happily took the slap on the wrist.  I can't see what trouble you'd suffer though.

All this may be to no avail but you won't sleep easy by ignoring the twats; remember that doing nothing is a licence for them to carry on.

And let us know the outcome

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paul in the woods said:

I have gone to the top of the highways dept, and the lady in question reports directly to the CEO. She did half sort out a previous problem but this time is much less helpful. Partly I expect down to the fact the councils have been allowed to blame COVID for problems they've always had.

Yeah, whilst previously it was “Tory austerity”, they’ve now got that AND C19 to hide behind. 

37 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yeah, whilst previously it was “Tory austerity”, they’ve now got that AND C19 to hide behind. 

I wouldn't mind if the excuse was real but even some of the worst scare stories doesn't show C19 damaging trees....

Anyway, between chopping some fresh beech logs and sharpening me saw I looked at our parish council minutes and they're have loads of problems with the county highways dept. It's even got to the stage where they're going to write to our MP and complain that highways are wasting so much money, not doing work they've claimed they have etc. I'll not hold my breath.

Speaking of parish councils, did you find out why yours raised its precept? Mine did the same thing, voted on a 0 rise but there's 1.3% in the new bill. I assume they regard something like an inflationary rise as zero?

4 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

Probably not, but it's the forth time in four years they've done something.

I now need to fell the remaining trees and fence of the area but I expect they'll damage the fencing in a couple of years time.

I would be contacting them with a quote for the fencing and asking which department to send the bill to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul in the woods said:

I wouldn't mind if the excuse was real but even some of the worst scare stories doesn't show C19 damaging trees....

Anyway, between chopping some fresh beech logs and sharpening me saw I looked at our parish council minutes and they're have loads of problems with the county highways dept. It's even got to the stage where they're going to write to our MP and complain that highways are wasting so much money, not doing work they've claimed they have etc. I'll not hold my breath.

Speaking of parish councils, did you find out why yours raised its precept? Mine did the same thing, voted on a 0 rise but there's 1.3% in the new bill. I assume they regard something like an inflationary rise as zero?

I can tell you exactly what happened with regard to parish council voting 0% precept and 1.3% appearing on CT summary received last week.  The PC are incompetent idiots.  If you want to read about it in detail it is all laid out here:

https://www.facebook.com/StCleer

and here:

Let me know if you have trouble with the link and I'll try something different

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Could you not dig a deep hole in the area and cover it carefully with blades of grass.

Then once you have captured them decide on wether your set them on fire, as Kevin suggested or simply backfill the hole with them in it in order to save on petrol?

Conversely you could gather up all the soil and mix it with water in a slurry tank.Then deposit it all back through their letter box at 0500 on Christmas morning.