Which reliable 6'' chipper 10k - 15k budget

Floclimber

2 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

If you want ultimate bang for your buck and towing weight isn’t an issue then find a Greenmech 1928 roadtow - they are probably the most underrated chipper on the market. 7.5x11 inch feed, blast chip into next week, cheap as chips, easy to maintain and last forever. 

how long have you used / owned one of these for? and have you experience to compare with other 6 / 7'' chippers?

Just now, Floclimber said:

🤣 i know they got that rep but have you heard 1st or second hand to back that up out of interest?

Does it make much of a difference now? The engines are almost the same through all the makes and models so it's just down to the running gear really?

1 hour ago, HuntingHicap said:

I use an st8, TR8, and ST6p weekly, recently hired a pretty much brand new st6d, and IMO the ST6p was all over it. Have used Jensen a fair bit as well, solid engineering and basic, but not really keeping up with Forst performance. Do Forst have the odd issue? yes, who doesn't, + they are very fast to sort problems.

thanks mate. sounds just about the same as what i thought.

• Like 1

Out of interest, was that with the feed rollers set the same? 

You mean the indeed (roller) speed? Yes it was. Somebody explained it as the diesel has more low down torque and grunt if you like which stops the anti stress kicking in so quickly where as the petrol’s stress kicks in to protect it. I’m not sure if that is a correct analogy but kind of makes sense when you use them side by side
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mark Bolam said:

I did a decade with my 125, agree with everything you say.

Intrigued as to why the TW230 isn’t on your list?

I've not ruled that out, but i beleive timberwolf are more akward to deal with when it comes to mechanical repairs....have you got a 230 yourself? it's got generously wide infeed rollers which i expect will be efficient when stacking the hopper with a shed load of conifer and leafy brash

Just now, JaySmith said:

You mean the indeed (roller) speed? Yes it was. Somebody explained it as the diesel has more low down torque and grunt if you like which stops the anti stress kicking in so quickly where as the petrol’s stress kicks in to protect it. I’m not sure if that is a correct analogy but kind of makes sense when you use them side by side

That makes sense! Not had any experience with the D model so I wouldn't know! Would be interesting seeing them side by side with the same settings and same size branch but all the videos show people firing in brash of various sizes and it's impossible to see what the speed difference is 😂

• Like 1