Which reliable 6'' chipper 10k - 15k budget

Floclimber

1 hour ago, allseasons said:

Quadchip if you do lots of domestic as brillaint for rotating it and getting it in small places. Runs amazingly and back up service is far better than forst. 

ok. i'm not sure how you can get better service than forst - if it's under warranty still...as they'll be out within a few hours. So I guess Quadchip are the same?

15 minutes ago, Floclimber said:

🤣 i know they got that rep but have you heard 1st or second hand to back that up out of interest?

Just messing with peterB their rep as we have a lot of banter with the rugby. Wales are 6 nations champions and he is gutted but in regards to your question the other lads are better advising you on what chipper to buy.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

If you want ultimate bang for your buck and towing weight isn’t an issue then find a Greenmech 1928 roadtow - they are probably the most underrated chipper on the market. 7.5x11 inch feed, blast chip into next week, cheap as chips, easy to maintain and last forever. 

Usually you get what you pay for. do you know why they are so cheap?

5 minutes ago, Floclimber said:

ok. i'm not sure how you can get better service than forst - if it's under warranty still...as they'll be out within a few hours. So I guess Quadchip are the same?

These threads pop up quite regular and worth taking a look through the feedback on those. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JaySmith said:

I’ve used all of the machines on your list. I would rank the ST6 diesel top followed by the petrol variant and then the Jensen. We had one of the first ST6 diesel’s when they first came out and it had a few teething problems like loosing its bearings. At the time Forst were trying to get established and we had a negative experience with them re customer service to start with but this was rectified and sorted out. I think at the time they were getting off the ground and the back up was a little lacking but I know several people with their machines now and the service is very good and they rave about it. The ST6 petrol I’ve used was very good for a sub 750kg machine, only thing was the anti stress appeared to kick in quicker than the diesel version. The Jensen, IMO isn’t as aggressive on the indeed as the Forst but still fires to the front of the truck. Jensen also have a good reputation for longevity. I’d also look at the Timberwolf 230 which is what I currently use, especially if you can get a decent second hand one with the older more powerful engine.

If licence restrictions aren’t an issue then maybe look at a bigger machine if you want extra throughput. However this depends on your trucks and their size, no point having a large chipper with tiny trucks unless you predominantly chip on-site

Thanks mate, what year did the 230's older engine change to the following model? I expect i might get a little more for my money with the 230 compared to the forst....

51 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Just messing with peterB their rep as we have a lot of banter with the rugby. Wales are 6 nations champions and he is gutted but in regards to your question the other lads are better advising you on what chipper to buy.

You only crowing over a switcheroo! Stop hijacking a decent thread....

• Haha 2

The Tier 5 thing and engine hp has been covered ad nauseum in other threads. Unfortunately,  the 25hp diesel is not as good as the 35hp version. But that is what we have to play with going forwards....