Sawdust extractor for Posch s375 turbo

benjparfitt

What is the fitting like? I can't help directly with the Posch S375 but if its a standard 6" extractor type then you should look at the Axminster tools extractors. They work very well for planer thicknessers which chuck out tonnes of wood. Your other more budget option is to look at cyclone separators. I use one for my woodworking equipment attached to a 110L blue barrel and it works very well running off a shop vac. 

I use one of these: 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Separates 90-99% of material before it reaches your vacuum cleaner, keeping the filters clean. Part Type: Dust Extractor. Features: Laser Spirit Level, Dust Collection, Dust Extractor...

• 4 weeks later...

I adapted an Axminster tools extractor which works well. My problem is what to do with the sawdust. I extract it direct from the processor into the plastic liner from IBC cages. So I end up with a 1metre square plastic container full of sawdust. All suggestions gratefully received......or anybody wan some shavings?

27 minutes ago, DickB said:

I adapted an Axminster tools extractor which works well. My problem is what to do with the sawdust. I extract it direct from the processor into the plastic liner from IBC cages. So I end up with a 1metre square plastic container full of sawdust. All suggestions gratefully received......or anybody wan some shavings?

Contact local farms. I've ended up with unlimited chipping dump sites and I'm sure they could use shavings too. If not, bag it up and sell it for £2 a bag for rabbits. People pay silly money for little 2kg bags of shavings 

• Like 1

As above, anyone with horses or chickens etc for the larger stuff, and domestic pets for small fine stuff. If your not too fussed and can put up with people coming and going, and you have a bit of room to store the stuff separately away from prying eyes then put a sign up offering it at £2 a bag self serve type of thing. You’ll soon shut it.