Waves of enquiries

Paddy1000111

I have started to screen more potential clients because work is streaming in .Anything/Anyone I dont like the sound of I just tell them I am too busy.I have put my prices up 20% and cancelled a bunch of work that I didnt feel like doing.

It probably didnt do the company reputation much good but neither does being an unhappy boss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Definite waves, have done 30 quotes in just over 10 days, a mix of tree and landscape/garden room builds.
Hardest part is having time to work out the none tree ones!
Quietened off a little this week but had 4 more messages yesterday.
Some clients get pissy when you tell them July now for big projects (i try to do 2 big builds a month leaving time for the 1 day jobs as living in a village 95% of my work is word of mouth so if you get a reputation for being expensive/cheap/bad work or not being able to do stuff timely that word of mouth will disappear)
Spend £20 on business cards when i setup 18mnths ago nothing since.

Doing similar to above and now busy enough to select work i want/don’t want and push jobs towards other firms, like huge clearance jobs (i’m not geared up for them) rather than take them on and muddle through.

26 minutes ago, Dbikeguy said:

Definite waves, have done 30 quotes in just over 10 days, a mix of tree and landscape/garden room builds.
Hardest part is having time to work out the none tree ones!
Quietened off a little this week but had 4 more messages yesterday.
Some clients get pissy when you tell them July now for big projects (i try to do 2 big builds a month leaving time for the 1 day jobs as living in a village 95% of my work is word of mouth so if you get a reputation for being expensive/cheap/bad work or not being able to do stuff timely that word of mouth will disappear)
Spend £20 on business cards when i setup 18mnths ago nothing since.

Doing similar to above and now busy enough to select work i want/don’t want and push jobs towards other firms, like huge clearance jobs (i’m not geared up for them) rather than take them on and muddle through.

I think a reputation for being expensive can be a good thing, so long as you're also known for being good. IMO.

• Like 5