Sign in to follow this  
Paddy1000111

Waves of enquiries

Anyone else find enquiries come in waves? I've only been "going it alone" properly for the last few months and I'm working on getting more enquiries. I've been winning 85-90% of quotes (probably because I quote too low wanting the jobs as I'm starting 🤦‍♂️) and all my feedback has been 5* across various platforms so I must be doing something right but I seem to go through waves of enquiries, I'll have a week of 1-2 enquiries a day then have nothing the next week. It seems like no-one is posting on bark or anything either so it can't be just me? 

I'm just trying to drum up "reliable" business. I know that there's no such thing as a consistent stream of clients (this isn't my first time being self employed) but I'll take any advice on advertisement etc as this is my first time being directly client facing as opposed to dealing with business contracts 👍

I can sometime spend all Saturday crisscrossing the area quoting like a madman

Then for no reason whatsoever it dies off and I’ve no work to look at all.

So yes, I do find it comes in waves.

Can’t help on how to get more work in the UK.

• Like 1

Wasnt left alone last month, everyday someone wanted summat,  now its calmer, definately down to company budgets and tax year. K

• Like 2

I think in the domestic sector the weather plays a big part.

After a nice weekend the phone usually gets busy because people have been out in their gardens and decide to have stuff done.

Or after high winds when they crap themselves seeing their tree blowing about.

• Like 5

Same here - did 120 miles 3 Saturdays ago quoting, and only had two enquiries since then. Booked into May though so not concerned. Would have liked to win a couple that I guess I’ve been under quoted on, but not going to reduce my rates unless i need to get really competitive 

• Like 1

Everyone seems massively busy at the moment, which isn't helping me much as everyones too busy to think about their websites, haven't had any new enquiries for a little while now.

1 hour ago, Steve Bullman said:

Everyone seems massively busy at the moment, which isn't helping me much as everyones too busy to think about their websites, haven't had any new enquiries for a little while now.

What's the cost of an average site from you?