Full wrap handles

DomT

Hello,

ive just been searching around and didn’t know your thoughts on full wrap handles and their usefulness? I’ve got an MS400CM and wondered if I could get a full wrap for it or if it was worth it. I can find them easily for bigger saws but not really sub 70cc ones. 

cheers!

23 hours ago, HuntingHicap said:

Some will slate them/hate them. They do make the saw bulkier for storage/snedding, but are nice for climbing, and a good excuse not to have to cut stumps too low. Just sell the idea of grinding it out to the client instead.

I was just going to say the opposite, makes it hard to flush a stump. But, the grinders are sooo much nicer than the ones we had 30 years ago. We had a Vermeer model 15 that was 8 feet wide and would beat the death out of a 3/4 ton pickup. Like an F250. We pulled it with a 12' stake body 1 ton. Then we had a Vermeer 630A that I towed with a pick up, then moved around the job site with a John Deere 265. The tires would rotate in, so it could fit through a 36" gate, then rotate back out to grind. Anyway, in the States, the West Coast guys have to have a full wrap, as an East Coast, residential climber, I never used one, so I never missed one. I have full wraps on several of my 90-100CC saws, but they are just shelf queens in my collection. I made it 50 years of residential work with out one, and I made it to retirement in one piece, Joe.

• Like 2