Cutting 16 inch logs the Cheap and Easy Way!

Billhook

Saw this idea on youtube but thought I could improve his original idea of coloured insulating tape on the end of the main black heavy duty 1/2 inch wide tie with a bright yellow 5mm tie fitted to a hole drilled in the black one.

It folds neatly out of the way when not in use and will not be knocked off like the magnetic ones or mislaid like the bolt on ones.  Works for me anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

Even cack-handed freaks-of-nature are supposed to use their right hand on the throttle - the saw’s safety features are designed around holding it to the right of your body. But you aren’t dead so I’m guessing some rules can be broken!!!

I'm sure that I can easily become part of the current victim culture by listing all the ways you right handed barstewards make life difficult for us lefties!  

I can start with chainsaws but go on to screw threads,  saws,  serrated knives,  many hand tools and electric tools which have the trigger guard button on the wrong side, bolt action rifles,  double barrelled shotgun triggers. trowels, fountain pens, scissors, cheque books, card machines

Just remember, left handed people are the only people in their right mind!

WWW.INSIDER.COM

Lefties have to endure lots of little struggles in a world designed for the right-handed, from swiping credit cards to cutting with scissors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gav73 said:

I think I’ve seen the same video, your improvement looks like it makes it much easier to line up the next cut - something I didn’t think was that easy on the original version emoji1303.png

Thank you for that, all I can say is that it works perfectly for me and cost very little

I'm sure that I can easily become part of the current victim culture by listing all the ways you right handed barstewards make life difficult for us lefties!  
I can start with chainsaws but go on to screw threads,  saws,  serrated knives,  many hand tools and electric tools which have the trigger guard button on the wrong side, bolt action rifles,  double barrelled shotgun triggers. trowels, fountain pens, scissors, cheque books, card machines

Just remember, left handed people are the only people in their right mind!
5d4d93132d4cb528c74657c3?width=1200&format=jpeg WWW.INSIDER.COM
Lefties have to endure lots of little struggles in a world designed for the right-handed, from swiping credit cards to cutting with scissors.  
This is interesting. As a right handed person, I sympathize for you left handed people! Some of your examples Id heard of before but most I'd never even considered. Screws stopped me in my tracks, the right hand wrist is naturally stronger in a clockwise direction, so you're always at a disadvantage using the left hand.
I don't understand trowels though, can you explain that one please? Surely trowels, gardening and bricklaying, are completely symmetrical.
Have you ever tried training yourself to be ambidextrous? Years ago I developed some RSI in my RH wrist from too much computer mouse work, (I know!). I had a degree of success in learning to do it left-handed. Same with excessive snedding using a Billhook.

1 minute ago, sime42 said:

This is interesting. As a right handed person, I sympathize for you left handed people! Some of your examples Id heard of before but most I'd never even considered. Screws stopped me in my tracks, the right hand wrist is naturally stronger in a clockwise direction, so you're always at a disadvantage using the left hand.
I don't understand trowels though, can you explain that one please? Surely trowels, gardening and bricklaying, are completely symmetrical.
Have you ever tried training yourself to be ambidextrous? Years ago I developed some RSI in my RH wrist from too much computer mouse work, (I know!). I had a degree of success in learning to do it left-handed. Same with excessive snedding using a Billhook.

Trowels have a hardened edge on one side only usually., to suit a right hander.for cutting bricks.

To pass my chainsaw certificate I had to be right handed and now can operate with either hand.

• Like 1

Another thing which literally threw me on a lot of occasions was the fact that I always mount a bicycle from the the right hand side, left leg over.  I do not ride horses generally, but when in South Africa we went for a ride down a beach with a guide.  I tried to mount the horse from the wrong side and it did not like it at all.

Come to think of it, it could explain my problem with some ..Nah forget it!

Edited by Billhook
  • Haha 4