Chainsaw chains

H and J

Has anyone tried Rotatech chainsaw chains?  A friend who uses them tells me they are good, anyone tried them? 

Also.....had chainsaws for a good number of years. Considering a cordless one for logging up on the garden etc. Stihl MSA 220 c  or  EGO CSI 400 E are ones I've been looking at .......    opinions would be very welcome.

6 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Has anyone tried Rotatech chainsaw chains?  A friend who uses them tells me they are good, anyone tried them? 

Also.....had chainsaws for a good number of years. Considering a cordless one for logging up on the garden etc. Stihl MSA 220 c  or  EGO CSI 400 E are ones I've been looking at .......    opinions would be very welcome.

Endless posts/threads about these if you do a search . Opinion is divided on them ( previously badged  as Piranha  i believe ) . Generally a thumbs down but some people rate them . Not tried them myself though .

Edited by Stubby

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

We've been using them for years now on processors and chainsaws and other than initial stretch they're very good. They last as long as any other brand and cut as well so we've switched to just using them. It helps that they're a third of the price. 😉

I don't rate their bars as highly unfortunately but I know a lot of people who have switched to them and no complaints. Especially those who run them on firewood processors.

• Like 3

Yes i have used them for about 4 year now but it depends what job i am doing, if its a Arb job at a domestic property its rotatec chains on as you can be sure there will be metal in the tree, its the same when i go felling trees at farms where there clearing the site to make way for a new building going upas you can be 100% sure a tree on a hedge/fence line will be full of metal in the bottom 4-5 ft, the way i see this is if i hit metal and trash the chain its £12 and not £30 for a Stihl chain, but when we are back in the woods thinning or on a clear fell its either Stihl or Oregon chains then,

• Like 2

I use them for firewood cutting on my Husqvarna 135. They are cheap enough so I have half a dozen, plenty of standbys for when you hit a nail or a stone and they last well. I use them till I have 3 or 4 to sharpen then do them with the Lidl sharpener.

• Like 1