Is this tree going to die and dangerous

Bigben143

Question

Just now, Puffingbilly413 said:

Purely theoretically - that would need to be established.  Keep us posted!

Evidence of damage was taken Friday pto put on today. But yes I will let you know the outcome....I did offer to remove and replace with a smaller tree I can maintain, just been a battle now for 3weeks lol 

Tree sergeon has seen photos no need for the crane either way I would pay ££££ as my neighbours have been injured due to this tree. Who I may add is an OAP...so a tree or an old lady I would rather look after them then a poxy tree 

Photos?
In many months time the photos will be out of date.
Your tree will have changed.
Dead standing trees are very dangerous.
Especially in a urban environment.
Very expensive to remove compared to a living tree.
And your tree surgeon knows this.
Good luck
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

Has the council seen the tree or pics since?

They took the photos them selves Friday and came out today to hand deliver the notice to myself and several neighbours.....which all of them are protesting the order as ive already said its causing mass damage to there property to. 

3 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

Photos?
In many months time the photos will be out of date.
Your tree will have changed.
Dead standing trees are very dangerous.
Especially in a urban environment.
Very expensive to remove compared to a living tree.
And your tree surgeon knows this.
Good luck

Yes he is aware of this, hence why his coming out to do a full inspection... if he confirms its a good chance I've killed it and can become dangerous as the tree owner I have the responsibility to remove a tree that will become dangerous regardless of a pto....belongs I put this in an email to the council on why it's been removed they don't have a case. Especially if the report is from a local reputable company. 

2 minutes ago, Bigben143 said:

They took the photos them selves Friday and came out today to hand deliver the notice to myself and several neighbours.....which all of them are protesting the order as ive already said its causing mass damage to there property to. 

It will be interesting to see how in pans out.

I haven't seen the tree or location in person (obviously) but my first course of action would always be to seek some form of management/ remedial action with the help of a local arb firm if needed, rather than resort to drastic action like this.

If the action you have taken was warranted for the reasons you state then why not get a local arb firm to produce a report on that basis?

You'd have moved forward better using that approach IMO...

12 minutes ago, Puffingbilly413 said:

It will be interesting to see how in pans out.

I haven't seen the tree or location in person (obviously) but my first course of action would always be to seek some form of management/ remedial action with the help of a local arb firm if needed, rather than resort to drastic action like this.

If the action you have taken was warranted for the reasons you state then why not get a local arb firm to produce a report on that basis?

You'd have moved forward better using that approach IMO...

It's all ifs and buts now unfortunately. If I started from the beginning people in here wouldn't be so quick to judge.....3 years fighting the council to maintain 15 trees on my street that have not been touch for 10 years...then  to be told oh well its not our responsibility its an act of god, when a branch over grown in to my airspace landed on my car causing 2.5k worth of damages, I now have two 8 inch holes in my garage roof, to the rear of my property a pto tree has cracked all my wall....then I have neighbours who have had broken windows on cars dents and so on, 1 of them had a tree grow that big up the side of his house from council land he had zero light in his bedroom for 8 years, I actually help them get it removed by going to the local paper. 

all I wanted was them to be maintain trees accordingly but my council are unreal and a law to them selves.....it speaks volumes when all of my neighbours want this tree gone.

Edited by Bigben143

2 minutes ago, Bigben143 said:

It's all ifs and buts now unfortunately. If I started from the beginning people in here wouldn't be so quick to judge.....3 years fighting the council to maintain 15 trees on my street that have not been touch for 10 years to be told when a branch over grown in to my airspace landed on my car causing 2.5k worth of damages, I now have two 8 inch holes in my garage roof, to the rear of my property a pto tree has cracked all my wall....then I have neighbours who have had broken windows on cars dents and so on, 1 of them had a tree grow that big up the side of his house from council land he had zero light in his bedroom for 8 years, I actually help them get it removed by going to the local paper. 

all I wanted was them to be maintain trees accordingly but my council are unreal and a law to them selves.....it speaks volumes when all of my neighbours want this tree gone.

Sounds like a shit show all round - no offence meant - hope it gets sorted

• Thanks 1