Contact please.

Graham

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

Can someone contact me regarding an order I want to place please?  Tried phoning and texting but not sure I'm getting through to anyone.

Is this a competition ? Whats the prize ? 🙂

Yep sorry - calling us is not the best contact route [or Facebook or Instagram]. I do get it that sometimes you just need to talk to someone but we only get to the phone 40-50% of the time. It's not being lazy, or not caring - it's a combo of factors [which may as well list]

1. There is only myself and Laurence [General Manager] that can answer most queries - would rather not have someone there who then says [after you give a lengthy bit of info] 'sorry I can't help with that we'll have to call you back'.
  2. Most questions can be answered quickly on whatsapp [our preferred contact] and also I answer these myself [because it's fast and I can help the most people get the most answers with the most accuracy in the fastest time].
  3. If I answered more calls - I am on the phone longer - which means I can't get round to answering other peoples e-mails and messages [which I am already struggling with working evenings and weekends etc].
  4. I can't train anyone as a) not got the patience b) I've not met anyone yet who is interested enough in bar mounts/chain types and ID/file sizes/milling/chain sharpening etc etc as all this stuff for the most part is boring as... and I never knew the information when I was full time on the tools. Because it's boring 😅

So where we are at is - Laurence answers the landline phone but there are times he cannot do this. I answer e-mails and whatsapps which because it is my business and no one else will do it how I want it done so I do it! 😏

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Rob D said:

Yep sorry - calling us is not the best contact route [or Facebook or Instagram]. I do get it that sometimes you just need to talk to someone but we only get to the phone 40-50% of the time. It's not being lazy, or not caring - it's a combo of factors [which may as well list]

1. There is only myself and Laurence [General Manager] that can answer most queries - would rather not have someone there who then says [after you give a lengthy bit of info] 'sorry I can't help with that we'll have to call you back'.
  2. Most questions can be answered quickly on whatsapp [our preferred contact] and also I answer these myself [because it's fast and I can help the most people get the most answers with the most accuracy in the fastest time].
  3. If I answered more calls - I am on the phone longer - which means I can't get round to answering other peoples e-mails and messages [which I am already struggling with working evenings and weekends etc].
  4. I can't train anyone as a) not got the patience b) I've not met anyone yet who is interested enough in bar mounts/chain types and ID/file sizes/milling/chain sharpening etc etc as all this stuff for the most part is boring as... and I never knew the information when I was full time on the tools. Because it's boring 😅

So where we are at is - Laurence answers the landline phone but there are times he cannot do this. I answer e-mails and whatsapps which because it is my business and no one else will do it how I want it done so I do it! 😏

I get what your saying but a phone is a lot of peoples preferred contact method,i dont do whatsapp and email stuff,i must admit i have tried to contact you many times in the past by phone(last week aswell),but after several no answers gave up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gary112 said:

I get what your saying but a phone is a lot of peoples preferred contact method,i dont do whatsapp and email stuff,i must admit i have tried to contact you many times in the past by phone(last week aswell),but after several no answers gave up

Yep and I appreciate that - we are probably not the company for you. We were always set out to be an internet company and we do that well. But maybe because of that we do other things badly and it's not going to work for some.

That's why I do the whatsapp/e-mails/arbtalk personally - cause no other bugger will consistently! But the phone calls can take up to 30 mins a go...

I have a daughter now and so am much more limited with time and we have got much busier... the priority will always go to those that have ordered online + getting their gear out and on busy days the phone goes unanswered while this happens.

Not ideal but it's the way it is.

• Like 3