can anyone run a serial number for me?

TheGingerMan

3 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Well it doesn't look in bad condition. Check out the top end, carb refurb, check the clutch drum and springs, pressure and vac check and should cut your firewood. It will be 1977 - circa 1987.....so only some 40 years old!

Got it second hand the other week, the part numbers are all 1118 but didnae think that accounted for the serial number. It needs some work like and I'm a novice. Would really appreciate some guidance here and there if any of yous can spare 

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

Well it doesn't look in bad condition. Check out the top end, carb refurb, check the clutch drum and springs, pressure and vac check and should cut your firewood. It will be 1977 - circa 1987.....so only some 40 years old!

Tuscan phil uses an older one than that for milling.His saw was pre John C holmes sex movies back in the sixties 😏

44 minutes ago, gand said:

I think we've got one at the shop at moment. I will have a look to see if the s/n is something similar. Looking at the parts diagram a lot of parts are 1118. What parts do you need? 

Need a carb cover and sprocket cover. Not sure if I need a new piston and cylinder, took the cylinder off to check the piston, put it back on and now the pull of the pull cord is stiff

Need a carb cover and sprocket cover. Not sure if I need a new piston and cylinder, took the cylinder off to check the piston, put it back on and now the pull of the pull cord is stiff

Keep the pictures coming, they can show a lot regards fault finding some times
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheGingerMan said:

Did you keep the rings on the locating pin on the piston, did the cylinder go back easily ?

14 minutes ago, peatff said:

Did you keep the rings on the locating pin on the piston, did the cylinder go back easily

The cylinder went back on easy enough with being gentle doing it but the rings expanded when the cylinder came off, they didn't dismount and actually come off so tryna get em back on under the pins was a ballache. Maybe not on proper

This may help you 

http://thebakeliteradio.com/sawspares.com/Stihl 028AV IPL.pdf

edit,

although I’ve just noticed the link that spud gave earlier. Has the same file at the bottom of the page before the pic.

and I could be wrong, I thought serial numbers starting with numbers equaled to where they were manufactured.

1 eu/ Germany

2 USA

3 Brazil

and I can’t remember if there was a 4  

Edited by Wonky
Edit and all after it
  • Like 1