Shipping container security

Paddy1000111

1 hour ago, Paddy1000111 said:

Sounds like something I'd do. I've been looking at large smoke grenades mounted and wired to the door somehow. Those security fog machines are expensive and most need AC power and a pre-existing security system

https://electromarket.co.uk/beamz-s-500-fog-machine-with-100ml-fluid

pone of those at the back on a battery system? Triggered when someone messes about?

open door and boom smoke everywhere! Might be enough to make someone think for a minute?

5 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

We have a sceech alarm, so loud it is unpleasant to be in the container.. But it is not uncommon for it to go off. Spiders etc.. You friendly neighbours might not be so friendly once woken by your security measures..

That's what I'm concerned about. Nice thing about those ones that ring you is it's instant and then you can silence/disarm it by pressing * or # on the phone so I could turn it off straight away so if it goes off at night it's only a 30 second issue as it will be unarmed and empty during the day. Hopefully that's enough to mean the potential robbers don't work flat out and get away before I arrive. I found one with a built in camera too which would be good as it sends photos instantly to your phone so they can't run off with it or destroy it.

With the smoke grenades I was thinking about 3/4 tied together tied to a linear actuator. A proximity switch mounted on the door and a little key to arm/disarm. If it's armed and the switch on the door closes it will pull the pins out the grenades. I could even use 2 smoke and 2 flash bang from the airsofters. Smoke grenades can be swapped for M67 Frags if it becomes an ongoing issue 😂

Edited by Paddy1000111
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Have seen the smoke system measures that JaySmith mentioned and it did look effective.

Jeweller stood outside his shop in high Street in clouds of thick white smoke, I thought it was being fumigated but he'd had a fault on security system. He said it'd be hours before he could go back in. Police had to close the street for a bit as traffic couldn't even drive past. 

It is very effective I’ve seen it go off by accident a couple of times now when somebody didn’t put their code in in time and you have to wait a long time before you can get back in there. I’m not sure on the costings of it but if they do manage to get in I can’t see how they’d get anything out and away
  • Like 1

A bloke who I used to do days for and was on here had these for his shed, we tripped it by mistake one morning and that certainly woke is up!

BAGNALLANDKIRKWOOD.CO.UK

The famous 12g Alarm Mine Uses a 12g blank cartridge (no licence required) Although you must be 18 to purchase these.   Simply set up a trip wire   These can be a great product to stop would be burglars and trespassers in their step. Previous customers have told us how they have rigged these up […]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have noticed that around here a few tree surgery outfits are using these secure container storage facilities that are springing up everywhere. It wont replace a yard as a chip/chog dump but a good alternative for saws,chippers and stump grinders. 24hour patrolled, floodlit and cameras everywhere beats any remote farmyard. 

Bob

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

After reading the thread, might be better being fully insured for everything in container and hope it never happens. The cost of both seems about the same. I'm £500 a year for £15k worth of equipment insurance.

Well yea, It is obviously insured and has trackers fitted but I would rather not be without a chipper, having to put in a police report for stolen gear and trying to make claims on insurance that will get more expensive afterwards. I would rather be off work a couple of days explaining to the police how the axe sticking out the back of the blokes skull was self defence 

Worth getting one of these.IMG_0192.jpg
Then just put a few locks where you can.
One other thing a friend of mine did was board the inside out with 18mm plywood so if they get cut through the side with an angle grinder they then need a saw to cut through the wood. As it’s been said before you wound stop em but you can slow them down. Good luck