Shipping container security

Paddy1000111

3 minutes ago, AngrySquirrel said:

Put a sloping roof on top which blocks pick up points then can hide aerial for alarm etc under it.

Hitch lock on towing point and chain things together inc wheel clamps.

There are a few types of ways to rig alarms you can also have a key'd switch placed covertly to turn off.

Did my friends containers repaired and modded old ones which they'd made square so didds smashed with sledge.

Made mine tapered with a flitch plate inside so braced and to cut off would take ages.

You can Bond thick plywood to sides in on recessed parts with Tiger seal/Stix all then run two scaffold down either side with inch or so Reinforcing rods that will take some cutting as spins inside and outside can clad it old shuttering plywood is good cutting gear don't like the mix of wood and steel.

Maybe I will weld some 5mm steel plate over the lifting points or just tape them up and fill them with some old epoxy resin I have in the shed.  I like the idea of the rod inside the scaffold bar. I never thought of that. The PIR system has a remote for arm/disarm hence it sends an instant alert and not a x minute delay when it goes off. 

Anyone got any advice as to the best hitch lock/wheel clamps etc? I was tempted to change the tow head for a pin type to make it harder to nick as not everyone has a pin hitch but if I want to lend it out occasionally then there's also the issue of not everyone has a pin hitch 😂

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I was tempted to change the tow head for a pin type to make it harder to nick as not everyone has a pin hitch

They are held on by two 12mm bolts, only takes a 19mm spanner to remove them so not much of a security feature.

I think most serious trailer robbers have a way of clamping a hitch around the original hitch that defeats and hitch locks anyway.

Just catch one and tear it limb from limb and scatter the bits around to scare the rest off. Works with crows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peasgood said:

They are held on by two 12mm bolts, only takes a 19mm spanner to remove them so not much of a security feature.

I think most serious trailer robbers have a way of clamping a hitch around the original hitch that defeats and hitch locks anyway.

Just catch one and tear it limb from limb and scatter the bits around to scare the rest off. Works with crows.

Well, this is all part of the plan. I just need to delay them long enough maybe a maximum of 5 minutes from the door opening so I can get there. 

We had about thirty student archaeologists camping on a lawn next to a grass field which had a brand new wooden gate.  I left the students at about midnight to continue their BBQ so I bet none went to tent before one and a lad in the village was off to work at seven and he noticed the gate was missing ( luckily the five cattle were still there)

I had welded a nut to the top of the crooks to make it difficult for removal but they cut through it with a battery disc grinder and nobody heard a thing the nearest tent was 50 yards away

Mind you the Batemans beer around here is a fairly good sedative!

But even after removing it they had to load it in the dark which is not easy without making a noise.

• Like 2

Have seen the smoke system measures that JaySmith mentioned and it did look effective.

Jeweller stood outside his shop in high Street in clouds of thick white smoke, I thought it was being fumigated but he'd had a fault on security system. He said it'd be hours before he could go back in. Police had to close the street for a bit as traffic couldn't even drive past. 

• Like 2

This is all getting quite home alone. Might as well just hook a poacher alarm to it with some buck shot loaded into it instead [emoji23]. Knowing my luck I'll blow myself up being dopey one morning [emoji23][emoji23]

Old boy on our allotment set up a spade to swing in the face of any burglar who opened his shed door.
Until one day he forgot...
Wasn’t pretty.
  • Haha 1