Mullberry

gobbypunk

,Hi Saul,the Strawberry is next its just the way all the logs ended up in the yard had to mill my way through the stack as we sadly still dont have a forklift hopefully I will get a restart grant and get a forklift ,so looking forward to milling the Strawberry I now have one of those banding things to strap my boards with .

• Like 1

,Hi Saul,the Strawberry is next its just the way all the logs ended up in the yard had to mill my way through the stack as we sadly still dont have a forklift hopefully I will get a restart grant and get a forklift ,so looking forward to milling the Strawberry I now have one of those banding things to strap my boards with .

A mate of mines just taken some of the big strawberry unions out of his kiln.
I little ripply but nothing major.
[emoji106]

On 08/03/2021 at 15:32, gobbypunk said:

Hi guys any tips on drying this Mullberry, quite chuffed with it

I’ve found the attached tables useful over the years to work out the size and spacing of stickers for different types of timber and thicknesses. They don’t mention mulberry, but a quick look online brought up a tendency to checking and slow to dry. Not sure what thickness your planks are, but I’d hazard a guess at ½ inch sticks about a foot apart. And plenty of weight on top as already mentioned.

Andrew

Checking.jpg

sticker spacing.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ucoulddoit said:

I’ve found the attached tables useful over the years to work out the size and spacing of stickers for different types of timber and thicknesses. They don’t mention mulberry, but a quick look online brought up a tendency to checking and slow to dry. Not sure what thickness your planks are, but I’d hazard a guess at ½ inch sticks about a foot apart. And plenty of weight on top as already mentioned.

Andrew

Checking.jpg

sticker spacing.jpg

What’s that from please? And as a numpty to the world of cutting wood, is there a “bible” on it? I’ve seen people biggjng up a chainsaw book but is there one for more conventional

milling?