Annoying deadman's trigger on Husqvarna 540i.

skyhuck

Great saw, I've not used a petrol top handle since I bought mine. But the deadman's trigger is really annoying, why does it have to be slid back before it will depress. I'm sure they think it makes it safer, but IMHO, the opposite is true!!

Annoyed the hell out of me at first, but got use to it now. I find if I press down using the bit of muscle under the thumb it automatically slides forward. Shown this to a few different customers now that have had the same problem 

• Like 1

I think because you can't immediately identify danger like you can with a petrol saw running they've had to make it harder to inadvertently depress the 'throttle' when picking the saw up. Makes sense as it's easy for the saw to turn itself on while being rattled around in the back of your pickup or van, and you'd be miffed if you go to haul it out and shred up your passenger seat for example 🤣 whereas the chance of a petrol saw starting itself on the drive to the job is somewhat smaller.

5 hours ago, Darkslider said:

I think because you can't immediately identify danger like you can with a petrol saw running they've had to make it harder to inadvertently depress the 'throttle' when picking the saw up. Makes sense as it's easy for the saw to turn itself on while being rattled around in the back of your pickup or van, and you'd be miffed if you go to haul it out and shred up your passenger seat for example 🤣 whereas the chance of a petrol saw starting itself on the drive to the job is somewhat smaller.

I guess, but its predecessor the 536i had a standard deadmans.