Firewood Moisture Content

Paul in the woods

14 hours ago, Justme said:

Try reading the terms.

For enforcement they test the logs after delivery.

Customer complains, you get charged, they test his logs, if crap you get fined/ charged.

Are these woodsure terms or part of the regulations, if either would you link a cite?

11 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Are these woodsure terms or part of the regulations, if either would you link a cite?

WWW.LEGISLATION.GOV.UK

These Regulations are made under section 87 of the Environment Act 1995 (c. 25). They make provision...

part 2

16 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I'm quite taken aback by this.  I don't sell firewood but do try and stay abreast of what's happening and this has pretty much passed me by unnoticed.  

I think a lot of small / local firewood / weekend loggers are potentially going to be criminalised by this...

Thing is Kev irrespective of any ones stance on this how is it going to be policed , if at all ? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I remember a different thread - similar subject where Big J and Beau were lamenting the SW weather....

This morning I got in a load of freshly felled ash ( surprise , surprise )  and got it in the log store just before it winded and rainded at 07:00 this morning  Kev . This was a job well done in my head as the wind today must have dried it out even in the log store with a bit of a head start .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Thing is Kev irrespective of any ones stance on this how is it going to be policed , if at all ? 

Totally agree!  Maybe there'll be the occasional sacrificial lamb slaughtered at the alter of Trading Standards?  LA have sent a note out today saying they are at least 2 weeks behind with planning app validations.  Can't see much bandwidth being applied to prosecuting farmer Giles....

• Like 1