Holder A60 Engine rebuild

Dolittle

• 1 month later...

Got a rough idea what price range a start first pop,been smoking for more years than me, no bad noises.

I'd say for resto purposes someone would give it an overhaul for peace of mind,  although i still drag the heavy duty mulcher in the pic around the all blacks training paddocks no probs. 

I'm going to wreck it as i have in the past with rarish motorcycles and offload in countries that are more appreciative of such a stylish model as the a55 low rider 

IMG_20200815_162234.jpg

1623340861539686856485.jpg

IMG_20210611_035640.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danchopdan said:

Got a rough idea what price range a start first pop,been smoking for more years than me, no bad noises.

I'd say for resto purposes someone would give it an overhaul for peace of mind,  although i still drag the heavy duty mulcher in the pic around the all blacks training paddocks no probs. 

I'm going to wreck it as i have in the past with rarish motorcycles and offload in countries that are more appreciative of such a stylish model as the a55 low rider 

IMG_20200815_162234.jpg

1623340861539686856485.jpg

IMG_20210611_035640.jpg

Looks like a mighty fine piece of kit! 

As to price I wouldn't like to say!

I had a quick look around the Web and there aren't very many "older Holders" about at all, which doesn't help with current prices, but does suggest that they could be in demand when they do come up for sale. 

Might be worth seeing if renewablejohn (member here) is interested.. Sorely tempted myself! 

Whereabouts are you? 

7 hours ago, Dolittle said:

Looks like a mighty fine piece of kit! 

As to price I wouldn't like to say!

I had a quick look around the Web and there aren't very many "older Holders" about at all, which doesn't help with current prices, but does suggest that they could be in demand when they do come up for sale. 

Might be worth seeing if renewablejohn (member here) is interested.. Sorely tempted myself! 

Whereabouts are you? 

I'm way down in New Zealand, with the bike parts i usually took a video, like in this case of the engine running, organized shipping and if it was viable and both parties agreed, I used PayPal or similar where the buyer deposited the money into a holding account (theirs not mine) and it isn't released to me until it's received at the other end. It was a little risky before that sort of thing came along because of distance and one of the two parties had to entirely trust the other but it was worth my hassle cause our money is pretty useless compared to pound, euro etc... 

you don't move to nz to get rich, you gotta be rich to come here..average wage here is around 40 grand and median house prices have shot to 1.2 million, this year of covid has seen the biggest increase.. Then there's the greenhouse carry on where fireplaces are banned, farmers are cutting stock numbers to plant trees that will never be cut down so they get carbon credits.the worst news though was last week when the they announced a pint of beer in our biggest city is more expensive than New York or London. 

And that's why I'm living in this old cowshed and ditched expensive women for young sheep

IMG_20201118_180556.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, renewablejohn said:

Would certainly be interested in the Holder but think the cost of shipping from NZ would kill any deal.

It really depends John. I shipped a woodchipper UK to NZ for less than what my mate paid to ship a mountain bike.

• 7 months later...