Buying from Ebay..

benedmonds

eBays new payment is a joke, you get your money as a seller 2-3 days after the sale and now have to take eBays instruction that they have the money, not like Paypal where the money is in your bank before shipping.

The way these organizations make out that financial transactions take 2-3 days is a joke, it takes a minute to BACS money over and is every bit as fast as Paypal now.....so why the wait???

So eBay has millions in their bank account now at all times!

• Like 4

I'm always surprised how many tree people live in Shetland, Skye or some such plade who sell chippers etc and how many pay for stuff unseen by BACS or sell stuff and take a bankers draft on a Saturday afternoon and watch there goods disappear over the horizon!

• Like 1

I'm not really up to speed on all the different payment methods myself, too  "old skool!". But never talk paper bankers drafts or cheques before they can get checked and never pay for something you ain't viewed!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PeteB said:

I'm not really up to speed on all the different payment methods myself, too  "old skool!". But never talk paper bankers drafts or cheques before they can get checked and never pay for something you ain't viewed!

Exactly right!!! The best thing is a bank transfer.. They can do it from their mobile phone, and by the time you go back in the house and check you bank balance on your PC, you will see that the money is there. It is safe to give them the item then. Careful with cash as there is as lot of counterfeit money out there..

john..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am always amazed people fall for these scams, if you have any clue about the market for what you're buying theres no way you'd fall for it!!  

Things at half the price you'd expect  them to  be, or less! If it was say 10% below you might be able to understand people getting done for a few hundred quid holding deposit,  but buying unseen from someone who's clearly not a dealer,  come on!! 

If you want machines/vehicles that aren't in your area youve got to put the miles in, or wait.  Or pay the price and buy from a big, known dealer.

Its not rocket science. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, william127 said:

I am always amazed people fall for these scams, if you have any clue about the market for what you're buying theres no way you'd fall for it!!  

Things at half the price you'd expect  them to  be, or less! If it was say 10% below you might be able to understand people getting done for a few hundred quid holding deposit,  but buying unseen from someone who's clearly not a dealer,  come on!! 

If you want machines/vehicles that aren't in your area youve got to put the miles in, or wait.  Or pay the price and buy from a big, known dealer.

Its not rocket science. 

Unfortunately greed gets in the way...

john..

• Like 1