Buying from Ebay..

benedmonds

Is every machine on there a con now...? Do people actually lose money through these scams, or has someone bagged a bargain...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Operating hours 1,122 hours<br>Year of construction 2012<br>Operating weight: 1249<br>Warehouse number: 100307528<br>Serial No .: 65635<br>Water cooling, electric...

It says it is in Derby so local to me. I messaged to go look but no answer. Also worked out the previous owner from decals, he is Swiss and thinks the machine is still in Germany on sale for 22,000 euros..

• Like 2

Buying and selling secondhand stuff is a minefield anywhere these days.

I’ve got a shipping container for sale at the moment, up on gumtree, farcebook marketplace and on here too. It’s up for £1500 + vat. I’ve had someone offer me “£900, no messing about” gee thanks, that’s half price if you include the vat, it’s a deal bellend! 🖕🏼

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

Is every machine on there a con now...? Do people actually lose money through these scams, or has someone bagged a bargain...

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Operating hours 1,122 hours<br>Year of construction 2012<br>Operating weight: 1249<br>Warehouse number: 100307528<br>Serial No .: 65635<br>Water cooling, electric...

It says it is in Derby so local to me. I messaged to go look but no answer. Also worked out the previous owner from decals, he is Swiss and thinks the machine is still in Germany on sale for 22,000 euros..

Caveat Emptor.........

WWW.TRUCKSCOUT24.COM

Used Construction machine Other Offer: Sonstige/Other ANDERE Avant 635, € 21.900,- Net price, 1.122 h from 2012 in 93095 Hagelstadt, Germany

48 minutes ago, spudulike said:

I found that link by looking at Google images, did the same on a 357XP that an Irish customer was going to purchase off Gumtree......found that sold on ebay 100s of miles away!

I hadn't thought of Google images search, in this case, useful tool. I used it a few weeks back on a photo on a LinkedIn profile and turned out to have been a stock photo of "Handsom happy business man.."

• Haha 1

A lot of scams about at the moment and just seems to be getting worse, there as a boat for sale last wk that used to belong to a guy i know, who sold it five years ago but the photos in the add are in this guys back garden, the boat went to SW Scotland and is still there but its for sale in the Devon area and its a real bargain !! and some one i know has just been stung with buying a Ifor tipping trailer, seller now unavailable and should of been delivered 3 days after purchase but 5 months later still has not appered and some one is 3.8k out of pocket, this trailer was from south Wales so be warned ,

3 hours ago, benedmonds said:

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Yes Caveat Emptor as the old Romans used to say! exactly the same MO when we were looking for another chipper on ebay local to us immaculate half price and all that total minefield and am hearing of people being scammed all the time its good to know that there are still a lot of genuine people and traders out there just got to connect with them !

I got fed up trying to sell my hot rod last year. Up for £6k and a dozen people contact me with their best offer, cash waiting, collect tomorrow - £2,500! 

I get some duff sales leads at GreenMech too, they want a demo, want finance with minimal deposit but have only been trading 6 months, and have a CCJ for not paying for a mobile phone! I know we all start somewhere but be real.....

• Like 1