Apple tree issues

CON G

Hi, 

I have an apple & pear tree, purchase and planted last year.  It straight away got orange spot (rust) on all the leaves. Treated with fungal spray but still looked a bit unhealthy by the end of summer. Now it's March and it's starting to grow again, but the tips of the branches are still a bit rusty looking. Any ideas if it's OK, or needs to be treated. I am a newbie so apologies if I've said something silly.

Thanks,

Con

20210301_152332.jpg

20210301_152327.jpg

20210301_152316.jpg

WWW.RHS.ORG.UK

European pear rust is a fungal disease of pear trees, causing bright orange spots on the leaves. It also affects junipers...

This maybe?

Think aphids  can also make very tiny orange dots on leaves?

Once had a home owner tell me they spent a week scrubbing lichen &moss off all there apple  trees bark i as they were worried  it was a disease & harming them. 😂

EDIT: better infos..

Edited by Stere

That's exactly what it was. Even the underside had the fungal growth the article mentioned.. thing is, I mistakenly used a fungicide on it last year and the article suggests not to for fruit trees. Does that mean I can't eat any of the fruits now? Or just need to wait a few years before I do?

Does that mean I can't eat any of the fruits now? Or just need to wait a few years before I do?

Dunno what was it you used?

Probably be fine to eat the fruit this yr , commercial  orchards use fungicides.....

Is there juniper nearby?

I don't think there are any near by. We planted it in the spring, and the article suggest they get infected in the winter, which means it was probably infected in the garden centre we brought it from.

This is what I used:

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Great prices on your favourite Gardening brands, and free...

Good to know about the commercial orchards. Hopefully I haven't done them any long term damage then. 

Thank you.

Con