Anyone else just fed up of customers at the moment

Clutchy

Might I add, they were more than happy to sell me the truck I had already leased from them for 3 years.  I only bought it as it was a very good deal and extremely low milage due to having almost a year off through injury.  

Also I would have to wait a good few months till more 2.8's are in stock.  The ones coming in now are all taken and were ordered around October and November last year.

1 hour ago, topchippyles said:

They cannot refuse to sell you a truck unless taking out finance that is just a silly statement. The deal was better i have no doubt but no one can refuse a cash sale 

They can do as they please they don’t have to accept payment upfront and they won’t take pound notes due to money laundering 

13 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Might I add, they were more than happy to sell me the truck I had already leased from them for 3 years.  I only bought it as it was a very good deal and extremely low milage due to having almost a year off through injury.  

Also I would have to wait a good few months till more 2.8's are in stock.  The ones coming in now are all taken and were ordered around October and November last year.

It seems the same all over, I'm a member on a Motorhome forum where people are booking new vans to be delivered in 2023 because the base vehicles are in short supply.

Not aimed at you Rich, never ever tell a dealer you have ready cash. 

32 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I am well aware of the differences.

Finance from A N Other provider to buy the vehicle outright

Or a lease plan.

Or purchase with hard earned pennies.  

Over here they still have to apply for finance for the term of the lease plan.  

Either way the point is they don't want to sell me the truck, and are steering me towards leasing the vehicle.  Even When I asked about Hire Purchase they just adjusted the figures for a lease plan to bring the residual value down to zero, so effectively buying it...  yet not being able to have it as a Asset to my company.

That is my point, the salesman gets more commission for a Lease contract than any other so they try and steer you in that direction.  Then at the end they actually said if I walked in with the 650000 Nok in a bag they would sell it to me for list price and zero discount.

£55k for a new Hilux - that’s double what I’ve just been quoted in the UK! Same 6 month lead-time though.

• Like 1

I have, over the years done quotes for two people with very nice cars on the driveway (Lamborghini & Ferrari), minor works really however both  potential customers told me no as it was too much. I am talking 100's not 1000's of pounds worth of work. I have equally worked for a few well known people with equal wealth (I Imagine) who were more than happy to accept my quote.

My most favourite days at work, working for the average Joe who's really understands the value of money and pays the invoice without delays due to this fact.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Paddy1000111 said:

I've not really got any terms like that. Ever had any customers get funny/decline a quote because of them? 

I know the question wasn’t directed at me but we run similar terms. My answer would be:

Only customers that would of been a pain in the arse and I don’t want them any way so it’s win win 👍

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

£55k for a new Hilux - that’s double what I’ve just been quoted in the UK! Same 6 month lead-time though.

if you think that is rough, want to hear the kicker?

That is for two seats only.  Commercial vehicles have the rear seats removed and you get quite a few tax benefits.  If you were wanting to have the seats in the back you are looking about 850 k NOK plus depending on options.

• Haha 1

It sounds to me like you take real pride in your work and are a true professional. But I would just do the work even though you no it’s the wrong practice. because some one out there won’t think the way you do and take the money and run. It’s hard sometimes to please everybody. That’s my take.👍

38 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

Why wouldn't you tell them you have cash?

It always used to be that way, cash up front and drive away with a bargain.

it certainly did, then things moved on, people (on the whole) don't hand over lumps of cash when they can get very low interest rates to finance stuff. The vast majority of car salesmen ain't selling the motor they are selling finance.

• Like 2