New post milling toy.

trigger_andy

13 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Just arrived from the US.  Needs a new plug and then I can have a play,. Can cut 6" at 90 degree's. 

156592514_521289899267013_8179192871127801379_n.jpg

Feck, that's a cracker....I just bought the Makita with the 4" cut and I thought that was big...what make is it, will you rig up a track for it ?

• Like 1

bleeding ell. looks scary
and the saws big as well.
BTW Trigger, i decided to buy the Grindlux blade sharpener from woodland mills if you remember our conversation several months ago. i always want to be self sufficient if possible

Good on ya! I’ve just bought the same machine but it’s a first gen Grindlux 4000. Needs a few new bits before I can try it but looking forward to that. The joys of buying off of eBay but thankfully paid with PayPal so got most of the cash back.
  • Like 1

Feck, that's a cracker....I just bought the Makita with the 4" cut and I thought that was big...what make is it, will you rig up a track for it ?

It’s a Makita as well. 16 5/8”. Not readily available in the U.K. not planning a track for it but will just screw/clamp a straight edge if I need to. Will mostly be using it for my first attempts at timber framing along side the Makita chain Mortiser I got through Johnson
  • Like 1

Yeah, I was looking for something to get a straight edge on the milled boards, I looked at the 300mm Makita but it was a lot more money...... I was surprised that mine's not soft start, has that got a kick to it as well ?

I’ve not fired it up yet as I need to swap out the plug. Will have a look the morn. Spend the day installing larch cladding on my brothers office/workshop then milling a load more.

But that’s the plan for this too. Got some 5” think Ash that I wanna rip a straight edge off to get it on my bandsaw. I’m gonna see if clamping a ladder to the slab works.

65942367-b1e4-44b3-858a-e288f86bbe69.jpgIMG_1643.jpgIMG_1620.jpg
  • Like 5