Trash talk on Site

benedmonds

10 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I don't know if you noticed, he said a few posts back he'd got a two man pressure washing job this Saturday, again, in the same sentence he is doing a roofing job on Saturday as well... No wonder he's knackered from all the work he's got on.

Seen the pressure washing job but had,nt seen the other roofing job tho, but to be honest i have got a bit fed up reading his repetative crap as it boils back to 2 things money and how busy he is and some how i dont believe 99% of it now,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Ironic that half the people currently posting on this thread are the very reason it was started in the first place and are too stupid to know it

Aye but some folk do bring it on themselves a times.

How do u ignore someone??

I generally believe if u have nothing positive to say better to say nowt, but I also struggle to tolerate fools at times.

Usually pretty lucky to work with decent folk or young lads that wan to learn and do listen.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

And thank you @benedmonds for prompting me into the actions I will take in the coming days 

Some of us have been part of this community for a long time... It is a great resource, 9 times out of 10 when I Google anything to do with work Arbtalk comes up in the search somewhere. Sometimes threads I participated in years ago... It may be due to cookies on my pc but useful nevertheless.

It has changed over the years and some users who started out as utter plonkers turned into useful contributors..  

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Ironic that half the people currently posting on this thread are the very reason it was started in the first place and are too stupid to know it

Completely oblivious to it as well. Maybe time for a clean out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

And thank you @benedmonds for prompting me into the actions I will take in the coming days 

There are quite a few on here that remind me of the days of Matelot and Vesp, spending all of their time on the politics and news threads, with the occasional token post about grass cutting to seem relevant.

Fast-forward to 2020/21 and you have those come for advice on what cc of chainsaw to buy and then stay for the COVID conspiracies. Maybe a limit on how often you can post on such topics and they would soon lose interest and go somewhere else. 

Then there are also those that don't work in the industry but seem to have an opinion on everything and assume everyone wants to hear it. Back in the day there were a lot more threads from professionals looking for advice from other professionals which resulted in some really good threads. That doesn't seem to happen as much anymore.

• Like 9