Trash talk on Site

benedmonds

What is with the trash talk and abuse that's happening on arbtalk recently.. If I want to read people being rude about each other I will go to Facebook.. 

Can we agree not feed the trolls or even just banish them.. 

I am fond of the ignore user function, so I can self edit out various individuals who I think have little to add but several threads have gone really bad of late. 

• Like 37

18 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

What is with the trash talk and abuse that's happening on arbtalk recently.. If I want to read people being rude about each other I will go to Facebook.. 

I am fond of the ignore user function, so I can self edit out various individuals who I think have little to add but several threads have gone really bad of late. 

Couldn,t agree more

• Like 2

I must say I’ve noticed it get progressively worse over the last few weeks.

Equally we have noticed customers and society in general going the same way.

The current situation seems to have given many folk a green light to forget common decency 🤯😢

I had hoped that during these strange and challenging times that folk would have pulled together and been a little more excepting of different views and ways but it seems to have done the opposite.

• Like 5

Seems to be same ones and i use the ignore function or unsubscribe from the thread if it gets stupid. We all have banter and micky take but pure nastiness is uncalled for. A good example friendly thread which is all micky take myself both give and take it all in fun is the rugby section and i did enjoy letting the lads know (stubby) wales win last weekend. True to form me being a welsh chap the old sheep jokes started flowing but the old saying in wales (we shag em and you eat em 🤣

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, benedmonds said:

Well i am with you on this one 100%, it dont just seem to be the same as it was a few years ago, and the people who seem to start the arguing are people who seem to have nothing to do with tree work at all but they seem to know everything about it and when they are put right they dont like it and thats when things seem to start, Threads get hijacked and seem to head off down every avenue there is except the right one, perfect example id the thread titled, fencing cost, one man has taken it every where but where it should be, why he cant start his own thread about what he wants to mention is beyond me and it seems to get a bit shitty at times, this very same subject was raised about 12 month ago by wisewood i think, 

Edited by spuddog0507
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Part of the problem I think is that what is banter and piss taking verbally can come across as nasty when typed.That said there are a few on here who derail a good thread and spout their diatribe then come the offended innocent when challenged or just get abusive if anyone has a different view.

• Like 3

It's silly really. Quite a lot of threads are normal rubbish but every now and again one comes out thats decent and gets ruined. 

Shame really as the good threads are what's needed for this place to thrive. 

I would deffo give a warning or ban one lad that's for sure going off that last thread, business expansion. Took it too far and silly

• Like 3