CAZ/LEZ/ULEZ

aspenarb

Most know about the LEZ/ULEZ in London., received a notification from Bath&North East Somerset council the other day that their  CAZ ( clean air zone) will be in place and chargeable from the 15th March 2021. They must of been harvesting reg numbers for at least a year because the letter quoted a reg number off one of our vehicles that's not been down that way for quite some time. Trucks inc Euro 6 £100 per day, vans and smaller £9 a day and that includes petrol vehicles.

Come upgrade time it may alter potential vehicle choices, there is a registration scheme that lowers these daily charges but I am not sure what this entails or if there are any concessions for those that live in these zones.

Others to follow this year.

WWW.CONFUSED.COM

Cities are enforcing Low Emission Zones to reduce air pollution. But how does this affect motorists?

This is all a bit infuriating. I'm lucky not to be effected by it in Devon but I wonder how long I will have that pleasure. 

I can completely understand it for personal/commuting vehicles but to shaft people who need vans/lorries for work is crazy. I can't tow a tonne of chip and chipper behind a pushbike 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Paddy1000111 said:

This is all a bit infuriating. I'm lucky not to be effected by it in Devon but I wonder how long I will have that pleasure. 

I can completely understand it for personal/commuting vehicles but to shaft people who need vans/lorries for work is crazy. I can't tow a tonne of chip and chipper behind a pushbike 

Only way I can see it is to lump the charge on top the bill for any customers in the area. If I lived in one of these zones I'd be fully expecting services to go up as a result of this. 

Obvious downside is it will be pricing smaller firms (in all industries) out of the cities and leaving them for big boys with sub 3 year old fleets.

Pleased I live in North Wales and unlikely to be affected by this for some time. By the time it gets up here EV 4x4s and pickups will hopefully be ten a penny!

It gets worse for truck operators, the DVS zone kicks in tomorrow. Any unregistered/non-compliant truck unwittingly running into these areas which is basically anywhere inside of the M25 will cop a £550 fine which will no doubt escalate if paid late. Nice little money earner, no doubt others will follow.

DVS2020.ORG

Direct Vision Standards

Bob

Edited by aspenarb
because Bob has fat fingers.