E10 petrol coming in the summer,,,

Andrew L

A post from a very knowledgeable member of the US/Aussie Mopar Muscle car club Im a member of, This all regarding E10, mind this is regarding V8s, hemi 6 and /6 from the 60s-80s

Aussies and USA been using it for years
provided pipes are up to scratch and fuel pump diaphragm isn't original you should be ok

additive if you leave half a tank in the car for 6 months at a time

it will go off faster and i guess the usual winter and summer blends should be used in winter and summer

but other than that if the fuel system has nothing that reacts with ethanol in it all will be well

timing might need a look and running temp should be monitored but i doubt we will notice

lead balls snake oil

leaded petrol contained tetra ethyl lead

The process for preparing tetraethyl lead which comprises:-

reacting a lead-sodium alloy and ethyl chloride together in the presence, of an aryl ortho phosphate catalyst.

dunking yer balls isn't going to do that...... regardless of them being lead or some "special" catalyst

anything you put in the tank... if it isn't dissolving isn't doing anything positive or negative to the fuel
fuel catalysts and pellets don't seem to dissolve therefore we can assume they are also snake oil

octane boosters do work but they are just mixes of organic chemicals much the same as the additive package added at the refinery

fuel stabilisers work but all they do is bind with any water absorbed by the ethanol and keep it dispersed through the fuel rather than letting it puddle due to its different density hence any in tank rusting is diminished and you burn the fuel and vaporise the water across a full tank. rather than trying to start the car on an ethanol/water mix and no petrol.

water in petrol sinks to the bottom keeping it dispersed throughout helps to avoid rough running on old fuel

must admit the tank full from last october was a bit nasty and ping-y when i got the car out in march this year

new tank full normal service resumed

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

A post from a very knowledgeable member of the US/Aussie Mopar Muscle car club Im a member of, This all regarding E10, mind this is regarding V8s, hemi 6 and /6 from the 60s-80s

Aussies and USA been using it for years
provided pipes are up to scratch and fuel pump diaphragm isn't original you should be ok

additive if you leave half a tank in the car for 6 months at a time

it will go off faster and i guess the usual winter and summer blends should be used in winter and summer

but other than that if the fuel system has nothing that reacts with ethanol in it all will be well

timing might need a look and running temp should be monitored but i doubt we will notice

lead balls snake oil

leaded petrol contained tetra ethyl lead

The process for preparing tetraethyl lead which comprises:-

reacting a lead-sodium alloy and ethyl chloride together in the presence, of an aryl ortho phosphate catalyst.

dunking yer balls isn't going to do that...... regardless of them being lead or some "special" catalyst

anything you put in the tank... if it isn't dissolving isn't doing anything positive or negative to the fuel
fuel catalysts and pellets don't seem to dissolve therefore we can assume they are also snake oil

octane boosters do work but they are just mixes of organic chemicals much the same as the additive package added at the refinery

fuel stabilisers work but all they do is bind with any water absorbed by the ethanol and keep it dispersed through the fuel rather than letting it puddle due to its different density hence any in tank rusting is diminished and you burn the fuel and vaporise the water across a full tank. rather than trying to start the car on an ethanol/water mix and no petrol.

water in petrol sinks to the bottom keeping it dispersed throughout helps to avoid rough running on old fuel

must admit the tank full from last october was a bit nasty and ping-y when i got the car out in march this year

new tank full normal service resumed

Do you play up on the muscle forum 😆

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Do you play up on the muscle forum 😆

Keep in mind Leslie that your the only chippy that rips stock images off of the net and claims they are your own, gets praised for a great job by other unsuspecting members here and you unashamedly accepted the praise for the work the ripped off the internet 

You should be hanging your head in shame but you dont know the meaning of such a word

Then when confronted by the lack of evidence of your work you posted a solidary picture of a sad looking slab of wood being badly sanded

Let me know if I have any of this wrong

We are all still waiting for the stairs you where supposedly taking a few hours out to take pictures of, abouta damn year ago,

• Like 1