E10 petrol coming in the summer,,,

Andrew L

14 hours ago, Omniata said:

Esso offer a "potentially" E0 fuel, Esso Synergy Supreme+ 99, which whilst they claim it to be ethanol free, it has to be labelled E5 because of government regulations saying fuels must be labelled in accordance with containing "up to" 5% ethanol, not that they contain a total of 5%:

https://www.esso.co.uk/en-gb/fuels/petrol

That's good to know, and a recent change I think.  I've definitely as searched before and even emailed some suppliers and o don't recall Esso making that claim a year or two ago.  I'll have to check shell again, and BP.... Can't think where my nearest Esso is 

Out of interest, husky xp, that's the blue stuff right?  Why that? I know it's there better oil but why not stihl green for example?  I have both and can find the specs for green, blue though I could only find it met the basic tests and then husky were vague about it being better!

6 minutes ago, neiln said:

Out of interest, husky xp, that's the blue stuff right?  Why that? I know it's there better oil but why not stihl green for example?  I have both and can find the specs for green, blue though I could only find it met the basic tests and then husky were vague about it being better!

Just preference really, I've always used husky oil, odd really now I come to think of it, started using it 10 years or so ago, or whatever the husky equivalent was back then, their 1 litre measuring cartons have a graduated gauge on the side, so it will measure for 1L, 2L, 3L, etc, of petrol, so you don't have to use a whole 5L, I think someone recommended it over Stihl's oils originally, so I've just stuck with it, the only variable then is the fuel.

When I got my 365 I bought some as it says 50:1 on xp, 30:1 anything else.  I already had stihl green though and that's why I dug around.  Stihl quote some tougher/better tests/specs for the green, husky don't for the blue.  So I suspect green is as good or marginally better.  Being the cautious type I mix half and half (turquoise? Sea green?) at 40:1!

Any how, good news re synergy fuels, seems I have plenty of Esso around too now I look them up.  I do hope shell follow suit though, they used to guarantee ethenol free vpower, until a couple of years ago 

1 hour ago, trigger_andy said:

😂😂😂

Thats not what you picked you up on as well you know. 

Naughty! 

? That  , above , is gibberish but hey . No , what you wanted to do was find an excuse to use one of your favorite current buz words / phrases .   Like " false equivalence " and  " conformation bias  " coz you like them .  That's ok . 😂 😂 😂 .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, neiln said:

When I got my 365 I bought some as it says 50:1 on xp, 30:1 anything else.  I already had stihl green though and that's why I dug around.  Stihl quote some tougher/better tests/specs for the green, husky don't for the blue.  So I suspect green is as good or marginally better.  Being the cautious type I mix half and half (turquoise? Sea green?) at 40:1!

Any how, good news re synergy fuels, seems I have plenty of Esso around too now I look them up.  I do hope shell follow suit though, they used to guarantee ethenol free vpower, until a couple of years ago 

I usually mix between 40:1 and 50:1 anyway, I'd prefer a little excess oil than too little, my saw runs fast since the 54mm upgrade, and retrofitting the heated handles, and being sat unused more than used a lot of the time, so didn't want to take any chances.

I used to use Shell V-Power, then stopped, for the above reasons, I use the Esso +99 in my strimmer.

The Aspen4 5 litre cartons are great, plenty of headroom to tip oil in and mix without overflowing.

4 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Can you confirm that it conforms to the bias, it seems all manner of things get talked about on this manor 😉

No , I can't . Not really sure what it means but he uses it a lot .