Stock Fencing Price 2021

Commando

1 minute ago, Mark armstrong said:

You wouldn't be saying that if he went and dun work for a family member had there eyes out because his opinion is no one else wants to do it so he can charge what he wants then there fence blew down a week later in strong wind because the tit was too lazy to take the old posts out dig them a little deeper inside a few pilot holes for his bolts 😂😂😂🤷🤷🤷🤷 special fella like 

is any of that true ? two sides to every story...

Ask him mate he bolted 6ft posts to a 3ft fence  🤷🤷 says it's what the coustomer wanted.what he should of sed to the coustomer was am sorry but I need to re dig the posts because the wind load on the fence etc etc not just went along with someone who doesn't know what they are doing that's why they have clearly got a window cleaner to put a fence up 😂😂😂

A need some welding dun I know I will ring a painter 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Who are you? The Pressure Washer Police? Go on the window cleaning forum and read it all their. I paid £1800 for a nozzle and I have two of them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUtYaL4pit8u3bTX4oeTTg

I have same setup as Phil.

The same as 

14 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Who are you? The Pressure Washer Police? Go on the window cleaning forum and read it all their. I paid £1800 for a nozzle and I have two of them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxUtYaL4pit8u3bTX4oeTTg

I have same setup as Phil.

The same as 

I think I know the nozzle you are talking about, the point speed 5?

Which dealer did you get yours from?

4 hours ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Supply and demand. No one up in my place wants to do manual labour work so its hard to get someone. I will also do a bit of softwashing and repair joints with easyjoint. I try and clean as much as possible, walls, coping, steps, stone window sills, bottom of walls. Also get my pole out and clean all the windows and doors, never had a disappointed customer, its all about value for money. I PW roofs as well which not many folk do and its a good earner, have one on Saturday for £600 but there will be two of us. No one does what I do, so I guess that's why I'm so busy. Jack of all trades. I also have a 90kg wacker which I sometime use after I have PW the monoblock if its all up and down then rinse it and later on sand it. Never seen or heard of anyone doing it bar me. Easy when one has the tools.

Think there's been a mix up. You have quoted me but somehow with words from eggsarascal's question about London prices. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Yeah mainly Chestnut, I think it looks nice- reasonably priced and last longer than tannalised. Particularly if you use nice chunky stakes- as more hearwood in them- the sapwood rots of quite quickly .

yeah unfortunately Holsworthy is a bit far. There’s a contractor out nearer you Knight excavations and fencing, Peter knight- they do a lot of agri fencing and think pretty decent job of it.

Thx Matt, I know Pringle Knight, pretty reasonable on a swinger too!

On 03/03/2021 at 07:42, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Supply and demand. No one up in my place wants to do manual labour work so its hard to get someone. I will also do a bit of softwashing and repair joints with easyjoint. I try and clean as much as possible, walls, coping, steps, stone window sills, bottom of walls. Also get my pole out and clean all the windows and doors, never had a disappointed customer, its all about value for money. I PW roofs as well which not many folk do and its a good earner, have one on Saturday for £600 but there will be two of us. No one does what I do, so I guess that's why I'm so busy. Jack of all trades. I also have a 90kg wacker which I sometime use after I have PW the monoblock if its all up and down then rinse it and later on sand it. Never seen or heard of anyone doing it bar me. Easy when one has the tools.

The reason you've never heard or seen anyone using a wackier to level up blocks is because it's totally the wrong thing to do, what should be done is lift out the sunken blocks and top up with sand to get the blocks level again, not whacker the blocks that haven't sunk level with the ones that have.

• Like 1

On 01/03/2021 at 20:50, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

Bloody nightmare, took two full days. Stripped the old fence and posts were good and strong so I bolted new 6 foot 3" by 3" to the old posts. There was a straight top then a 45 degree slope down to the gate area and straight again with new gate. Already made gate up so it was just a matter of screwing it on. Festool guide rail and battery saw to finish the tops and slope off so they look straight. Think I'll body swerve in future or price it right. I have the other side to do later on but at least its straight right up a gentle slope. 🙄

Thread is about  Stock Fencing Price 2021

• Like 2

I'm going to jump in and call your bluff,.. it's what the people want I guess. I'm not so far from Paisley (Thornliebank direction if you want to make up your story), where is the tarmac job? I'll take a run past it at the weekend. 

However I might add a note about pilot holes in woodwork - I do that myself but I tend to use the cheapest screws from the cheap isle in Aldi, and a lot of my projects are made with pallet wood - not the best combination of cheap and cheap.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to take a break from the pointless needling in this thread, I'd be grateful for any advice to a first-time fencer. I'm doing 150m for my neighbour next week, with a couple of gates, one in the middle, one at an end. I've just read about diagonal struts, they seem simple enough to do. Will I need to borrow a tensioner for this distance, or will I manage it by hand?

I'm thinking it'll be a strand of plain wire just above ground level (or not), 5 strand sheep wire, then two strands of barbed wire.

Any dos or don'ts are much appreciated.

7 minutes ago, peds said:

If anyone wants to take a break from the pointless needling in this thread, I'd be grateful for any advice to a first-time fencer. I'm doing 150m for my neighbour next week, with a couple of gates, one in the middle, one at an end. I've just read about diagonal struts, they seem simple enough to do. Will I need to borrow a tensioner for this distance, or will I manage it by hand?

I'm thinking it'll be a strand of plain wire just above ground level (or not), 5 strand sheep wire, then two strands of barbed wire.

Any dos or don'ts are much appreciated.

There's quite a few ways of doing the diagonals/struts. I like to dig the end in then notch the post and attach with a Tek screw (easier than a 6inch nail with oak posts).

These are useful for tensioning single strands: 

WWW.AMAZON.CO.UK

Free delivery and returns on all eligible orders. Shop Draper 57547 Fence Wire...

• Like 1