Stock Fencing Price 2021

Commando

2 hours ago, Matthew Storrs said:

Christ. That’s cheap at £8 If doing it all by hand and that kind of access. 

Its 3 yr ago tho and it was only a temp job as its all being renewed in a couple of yr when they harvest the site, it was only 3" posts and some cheap chinease wire just to last 5-6 yr 

• Like 1

None but I realise as a joiner that if I want a nail, screw or peg in a piece of wood then I'm going to drill a pilot hole first. Just wondered if the same principle would work when hammering down posts. You can get a 40mm and a 60mm auger so one might make the job easier. [emoji848]

Is there no end to your ingenuity! Ill pass on your top-tip to my contractor[emoji106][emoji3]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

28 minutes ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

genius is an infinite capacity for taking pains :- money comes to knowledge so WD Gann told me all those years ago. Anyhow, priced a £10k job to remove and chip a vast amount of small trees. Scottish tree surgeons.com could be at the germination stage and ready to take off. Will keep you up to date, I'm sure you will be desperate to know how I get on. Mostly this job is about contacts which I have in spades. 🤭 I'm off to finish some fencing, the silly season has begun early.

All these supposed jobs, all these supposed contracts and all this supposed money gravitating to you yet you're still just a window cleaner. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scottish Cleaning Service said:

None but I realise as a joiner that if I want a nail, screw or peg in a piece of wood then I'm going to drill a pilot hole first.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing you dont put it in a fruit salad. 

Are you talking about first or second fix? I doubt drilling a pilot hole is a technique used very often by a joiner in his day to day work, maybe a Cabinet Maker. Knocking up stud walls and even second fix trim is mostly done with nail guns and not a pilot hole in sight. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

All these supposed jobs, all these supposed contracts and all this supposed money gravitating to you yet you're still just a window cleaner. 

Many years ago about here someone was taking a big tractor out with flail for £27/hour. At the same time our window cleaner used to park on my drive and clean three bungalows, he'd do all three in an hour... £15 a go = £45/hour on those properties.

who's got it right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Many years ago about here someone was taking a big tractor out with flail for £27/hour. At the same time our window cleaner used to park on my drive and clean three bungalows, he'd do all three in an hour... £15 a go = £45/hour on those properties.

who's got it right?

If the moneys so good in Window cleaning why are half the folk here slogging their guys out for £120- £200 a day?

You tell me who's got it right. 

If the moneys so good in window cleaning why's he dreaming up all this other work when he can live like a king with a Squeegie? 

I know a lot of Window Cleaners by the way. 

And why are you not out with a mop and bucket instead of knee deep in sewage day in day out? :D 

Edited by trigger_andy

4 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

If the moneys so good in Window cleaning why are half the folk here slogging their guys out for £120- £200 a day?

You tell me who's got it right. 

If the moneys so good in window cleaning why's he dreaming up all this other work when he can live like a king with a Squeegie? 

I know a lot of Window Cleaners by the way. 

And why are you not out with a mop and bucket instead of knee deep in sewage day in day out? :D 

Where there's muck there's brass.

• Like 1