Modified Fold Down Chute.

5 shires

Following on from my last post regarding my new Evo 165p and the fold down chute which I had a issue with which was that the mechanism to stop the chute head hitting the bonnet and hopper didn’t work correctly so I contacted Greenmech who were great and instantly said that they would sort it out and I even had the CEO ring me(Mr Turner) as you know Greenmech came from thr Turner company which made big mowers/flails etc to fit on tractors...anyway the lads at Greenmech went back to the drawing board and designed a new chute and fabricated a new one which was put on yesterday and it’s just perfect.

so I would just like to thank all at Greenmech Factory Alcester, Jase & Nick who must be sick a tired of seeing me.

its a great piece of fabrication and the folding down option is very useful....the machine itself is brilliant the new design and horizontal rollers have made a big difference and is much more aggressive then my old 150p even though they have the same engine the anvil on the Evo is I think 15kg or 20kg heavier which make a massive difference.

HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOGRAPHS OF THR NEW CHUTE  

1BEB7827-9B54-45FF-A323-26AC860DC093.thumb.jpeg.65019b05be042648326008bee935b669.jpeg

E60597DF-20BF-4E22-A8A1-9646D271B87A.thumb.jpeg.d886851b44fc435d71bca96f5b303745.jpeg

3499B0D8-E735-4077-89DF-79F9AE0B6712.thumb.jpeg.86f8621bded0f7b29895a53c1857bd8a.jpeg

76114677-E7C3-446F-A96D-D3B5F209CDED.thumb.jpeg.b0a141e71e7fdfe14282c125e8355543.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I have to say, given their customer service, greenmech have the edge and I would put them at the top of the list for when I need a new chipper

We have been having similar conversations 👍 all we ever hear is good things about customer service from greenmech.

tidy job, well done to all involved at greenmech 😎

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I have to say, given their customer service, greenmech have the edge and I would put them at the top of the list for when I need a new chipper

3 hours ago, Marc Lewis said:

Tidy 5 shires. I had one fabricated for my schliesing, not not as tidy as that though

There customer service is second to none and it might sound like that i’am just saying it because it’s on here and me giving them all the positives and lots of free advertising...I say this and ask anybody who knows me if I thought any different and the service was crap I would be ripping the shit out of Greenmech make no mistake.

Greenmech are without doubt top notch..from the factory though to product design and manufacturing all the way though to customer service they have got it spot on...of course I cannot speak for everyone but on a personal note Greenmech will always have my customer and of course there factory being 15minz from me is a Brucey Bonus.

yes Marc it’s a very tidy piece of engineering and it looks just rite and not to busy and works a treat...not sure now they have nailed the design it will become an optional extra.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 5 shires said:

Following on from my last post regarding my new Evo 165p and the fold down chute which I had a issue with which was that the mechanism to stop the chute head hitting the bonnet and hopper didn’t work correctly so I contacted Greenmech who were great and instantly said that they would sort it out and I even had the CEO ring me(Mr Turner) as you know Greenmech came from thr Turner company which made big mowers/flails etc to fit on tractors...anyway the lads at Greenmech went back to the drawing board and designed a new chute and fabricated a new one which was put on yesterday and it’s just perfect.

so I would just like to thank all at Greenmech Factory Alcester, Jase & Nick who must be sick a tired of seeing me.

its a great piece of fabrication and the folding down option is very useful....the machine itself is brilliant the new design and horizontal rollers have made a big difference and is much more aggressive then my old 150p even though they have the same engine the anvil on the Evo is I think 15kg or 20kg heavier which make a massive difference.

HERE ARE A FEW PHOTOGRAPHS OF THR NEW CHUTE  

1BEB7827-9B54-45FF-A323-26AC860DC093.thumb.jpeg.65019b05be042648326008bee935b669.jpeg

E60597DF-20BF-4E22-A8A1-9646D271B87A.thumb.jpeg.d886851b44fc435d71bca96f5b303745.jpeg

3499B0D8-E735-4077-89DF-79F9AE0B6712.thumb.jpeg.86f8621bded0f7b29895a53c1857bd8a.jpeg

76114677-E7C3-446F-A96D-D3B5F209CDED.thumb.jpeg.b0a141e71e7fdfe14282c125e8355543.jpeg

What was the modification? A locking pin?

19 hours ago, Con said:

What was the modification? A locking pin?

When I ordered the chute I asked for it to obviously fold down without hitting any other part of the Chipper hence the Gas Strut so it just folds down smooth and slow which was perfect but when I went to pick it up I instantly saw and realised that the stop bracket was in thr wrong place so when folding down It travelled beyond we’re it should stop which meant it would hit the bonnet or the hopper.

so I got in touch with Greenmech spoke to Martin there head sales Guy and though Andy at Global Sales arranged for a new chut to by made which to be fair wasn’t my idea I just thought they would have the original chute back and replace the bracket but they completely redsigned a new shaped bracket and made a brand new chute.....can’t ask for any better then that and as you may agree they have done a really top class job of it.

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 4

What was the reason for it needing to fold like that 5? Can’t remember if you explained already in the other thread. 

I often fold for storage on mine due to a low roof but it’s just as simple as shown in pic. 

What did surprise me is that there is no micro switch to cut engine when chute is folded which means flywheel is spinning and un guarded when chute is folded. 

(I’m glad it does otherwise I’d have to stow machine in a different building and since it’s only ever me that puts it away there’s no chance of an accident - but I was surprised to see exposed fast moving parts in this apparent risk averse world)

A87FF7AF-9BA0-47FD-9627-7DC79744AA76.jpeg