Go lo Pro?

Alasdairs dog

1 hour ago, peatff said:

That he doesn't want you as a customer ? That would be my take if he'd done it to me.

Definately doesn't want me as a customer which is fine by me. Not the best example of customer service but there you go. There are clearly enough people out there that he doesn't need to hear any opinion other than his own. It is what it is. 

1 hour ago, gary112 said:

Take your business elsewhere,it,s thier loss,dunno Rob D anyway, who is he?

Yeah I did just that, went to an awsome guy in Tavistock who completely agreed that lo Pro had no business being used on big saws or bars. I am now getting through two cube of oak a day with no issues at all. Damn my lack of experience. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

How?
With what experience are you certain of this?
Rob.d is an importer!
Not the manufacturer!
Talk to GB in Australia?

Rob.D is a very cool guy.
Very tolerant...
Understanding...
Why would he block you and delete your account?
Were you being an asshole?

You keep coming on here repeatedly bleating about how lo pro is unfit for purpose...

Having spoken to quite a few millers about this and the manufacturers...
the conclusion we all came to was:
USER ERRORS!!!

Would love to believe you but. I just don't. 

Yeah I did just that, went to an awsome guy in Tavistock who completely agreed that lo Pro had no business being used on big saws or bars. I am now getting through two cube of oak a day with no issues at all. Damn my lack of experience. 

What you running now then
As you might guess I’m in the market for a new milling bar!

12 hours ago, agg221 said:

Just to reiterate, I run lo-pro on a 36" bar on an 066 and it works just fine.

Alec

That's awsome, I am sure it can work and clearly does in some instances but in what seems to be the vast number of cases people experience some issues with durability and strength. There are as has been said many variables bit I am glad it works for you. I was milling along side a guy using his 36 inch cannon bar the other day and it just wasn't up to the job, which was in fairness very tough oak with heaps of tension wood. I think my rant has serves its purpose and it 8s good to hear that not everyone suffers the issues that seem so common with the lo Pro set up. Happy milling. Dude 

13 hours ago, Ben scott said:

What you running now then
As you might guess I’m in the market for a new milling bar!

Its a stihl duramatic 48 inch bar with oregon ripping chain. I got the bar milled out to fit the panther and with out the sprocket I got an extra 50mm of milling depth. It's absolutely bomb proof and the finish is great although not quite the super smooth finish you get with the lo Pro set up it is more than good enough. 

The reliability and rigidity more than make up for any differences in curf and finish. It 8s quick as fook as well. No regrets at all and despite being heavily criticised on here I stand by my opinions. Gis a ring if you want to chat about it. 07765790561. 

• Like 1

Imagine I drive a Hilux. I drive it over cattle grids and speed bumps without slowing down. I drive it through fords and over potholes without slowing down. Because it is a Hilux and built for that kind of thing, even though it isn't really very good for it, it takes it for so long that I don't even reach the point where it fails. However, it is quite slow and rattles a lot, so I think it would be nice to drive faster and smoother and I go out and buy a Ferrari.

I then drive my Ferrari exactly like I used to drive my Hilux and within a month it's wrecked. I have trashed the alloy wheels and suspension on the potholes and cattle grids, ripped up the underside on the speed bumps and ruined the engine by driving it through fords. I take it back to the dealer and say 'this car is useless, it's not fit to be sold'. The dealer gives me my money back and takes the loss on himself. However, I am not content to leave it at that - I want to prove to the world that Ferraris are useless and feel the dealer should advertise this fact, so I keep ringing him. The dealer does not want to sell me another Ferrari because clearly I am not going to use it as it is intended, and he only wants to sell them to people who will. He is also rather busy trying to make a living selling cars, so he doesn't really want to have more conversations with me and in the end he therefore removes me from his customer base and blocks my phone number, since I am clearly not a suitable customer and I have already cost him a lot of time and money, and there isn't really anything he can do that will make me happy.

I now need a new car, and since my old Hilux worked for me the way I (ab)used it, I go and see a Toyota dealer instead. He is only too happy to sell me a new Hilux and since I am the customer and I want to rubbish Ferraris, who is he to complain? He can nod along and agree as much as I want - after all, what is it to him, he's getting a sale.

Alec

Edited by agg221
  • Like 4