Go lo Pro?

Alasdairs dog

On 08/03/2021 at 14:58, Stuarts said:

I have used 661 and stihl pmx 3/8 lo pro for couple of years now with 48inch gb bar on everything up to 100cm oak.
I snapped my first chain on the weekend but it was old and had stretched and I was cutting hard knotted oak.
I have removed a link before to keep the chains tight enough as they can stretch.
Absolutely no issues and I have cut some big timber. I have found stihl pmx to be plenty strong enough. I think it comes down to how you mill and maintain the chain ie wedges, sharpening, tensioning, forcing the cut etc.
To me if people on here are breaking noses and chain with 3/8 lo pro and 661 set up then it’s user error over equipment.
I would definitely go up to 881 when milling larger logs regularly. The 100cm i milled up with the 661 and 3/8 was hard going and I wouldn’t recommend it but it does show what’s possible with correct set up and use. I can’t comment on the 3/8 with an 881 but it sounds logical that you’d want .404.

Nice to hear that someone is having success with the lo Pro set up on a big bar. It seems to me that not many people are. I went for the 48 inch lo Pro with the 881 and it was a disaster. Since switching to a hard nose bar and 404 chain it's been awsome. I seriously think chain saw bars are miss selling the lo Pro stuff for bigger bars and chains, but you live and learn. I'm just happy to be milling with  reliable set up again. 

On 07/03/2021 at 19:36, Ben scott said:

That’s my third tip gone
I milled for ages with a 066 and a 36” Stilhl bar and never had any problems

Like wise I am utterly convinced that lo Pro is limited to 32 inch bars and lower powered saws. Tried to talk to Rob at chainsawbarsuk about it. And he blocked my number and deleted my account. Says it all really. 

Like wise I am utterly convinced that lo Pro is limited to 32 inch bars and lower powered saws. Tried to talk to Rob at chainsawbarsuk about it. And he blocked my number and deleted my account. Says it all really. 

How?
With what experience are you certain of this?
Rob.d is an importer!
Not the manufacturer!
Talk to GB in Australia?

Rob.D is a very cool guy.
Very tolerant...
Understanding...
Why would he block you and delete your account?
Were you being an asshole?

You keep coming on here repeatedly bleating about how lo pro is unfit for purpose...

Having spoken to quite a few millers about this and the manufacturers...
the conclusion we all came to was:
USER ERRORS!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Alasdairs dog said:

Perhaps he was trying to tell you something :D

9 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

How?
With what experience are you certain of this?
Rob.d is an importer!
Not the manufacturer!
Talk to GB in Australia?

Rob.D is a very cool guy.
Very tolerant...
Understanding...
Why would he block you and delete your account?
Were you being an asshole?

You keep coming on here repeatedly bleating about how lo pro is unfit for purpose...

Having spoken to quite a few millers about this and the manufacturers...
the conclusion we all came to was:
USER ERRORS!!!

Nope wasn't being an arse just asking for advice, which is kind of acceptable given the money I spent and that he is 'the most experienced Miller ever'. 

What I base my opinion on is firstly my experience which dispite what you all seem to assume is both considerable and relevant and more importantly the vast majority of comments on this post and through other conversations of which there have been many. I am not knocking Rob. But by your own admittance lo Pro it is very delicate which alone makes it un fit for purpose, as you also said milling is hard on gear. The t I have yet to be convinced by anything I have read on herewo just dont go together. in fact there is one thing I am convinced of and that forums such as this although often informative are dominated by people who intend only to be critical and who are incapable of accepting input from anyone as obviously they know best. I wish any one using the lo Pro gear including Rob all the best and hope they are successful. I am sure if they are not it will be down to user error again, and again and again.

Bleat bleat bleat. And fare well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alasdairs dog said:

Nope wasn't being an arse just asking for advice, which is kind of acceptable given the money I spent and that he is 'the most experienced Miller ever'. 

What I base my opinion on is firstly my experience which dispite what you all seem to assume is both considerable and relevant and more importantly the vast majority of comments on this post and through other conversations of which there have been many. I am not knocking Rob. But by your own admittance lo Pro it is very delicate which alone makes it un fit for purpose, as you also said milling is hard on gear. The t I have yet to be convinced by anything I have read on herewo just dont go together. in fact there is one thing I am convinced of and that forums such as this although often informative are dominated by people who intend only to be critical and who are incapable of accepting input from anyone as obviously they know best. I wish any one using the lo Pro gear including Rob all the best and hope they are successful. I am sure if they are not it will be down to user error again, and again and again.

Bleat bleat bleat. And fare well. 

Take your business elsewhere,it,s thier loss,dunno Rob D anyway, who is he?