little digger grabs/grapples

RossK

Hello i am looking for a bit of advice were it comes to 

grapples, thumb grabs, hydraulique or not eBay /bucket-warehouse vs

digbits.com ect....

i have an old Kubota KX 41 1.5t 

Im not a tree surgeon just a small holder with small farm project and plenty of trees about, also do some work for others but

its not an everyday thing, I move quite a bit of stone about, like the big granite dry wall type, I also dig with it!.

I resonantly had a run in with a spinal disk vs hay bail hay bail won, so looking for something to

make life easier, not cost the earth but also be sturdy, last and take a bit of a knock as it'll happen.

i'v ruled out the 360 turning grapples cost plus the 1.5 tons prob a bit small for that. 

iv been looking at stuff on eBay from 250 upwards, the prices and i imagine quality verie. also dig-bits looked at grapple about 750 and bucket warehouse

i saw they have a thumb with hydrauliques 500 and a manuel grapple for 500. anybody got experience of these. 

also im based in eu so dose any one know of a good sites here. france

thank you for taking the time ross

28 minutes ago, RossK said:

Hello i am looking for a bit of advice were it comes to 

grapples, thumb grabs, hydraulique or not eBay /bucket-warehouse vs

digbits.com ect....

i have an old Kubota KX 41 1.5t 

Im not a tree surgeon just a small holder with small farm project and plenty of trees about, also do some work for others but

its not an everyday thing, I move quite a bit of stone about, like the big granite dry wall type, I also dig with it!.

I resonantly had a run in with a spinal disk vs hay bail hay bail won, so looking for something to

make life easier, not cost the earth but also be sturdy, last and take a bit of a knock as it'll happen.

i'v ruled out the 360 turning grapples cost plus the 1.5 tons prob a bit small for that. 

iv been looking at stuff on eBay from 250 upwards, the prices and i imagine quality verie. also dig-bits looked at grapple about 750 and bucket warehouse

i saw they have a thumb with hydrauliques 500 and a manuel grapple for 500. anybody got experience of these. 

also im based in eu so dose any one know of a good sites here. france

thank you for taking the time ross

For what you want I would use a fixed grab.

I have one on my 3.5t. I use it for logs, rocks, raking, digging, rooting, grading / leveling by holding a beam & many many more jobs that a rotator cant do. I had mine altered so the 4 tines were on top & 3 below so it would be a better rake. 

Similar to this one

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Manual Grapple. 1.5 to 8 Tonne Manual Grapples. The 'Hardlife Manual Grapples' are more quality built products brought to...

• Like 1

As above but the one we have is a bit more robust, we use it for moving timber, rocks, ragging stumps out, raking brash, crushing/making brash smaller, and best of all we use it for leveling ground where we have made a bit of a mess, this grab is fitted to a 2,8 tonne machine.

20180918_115532 (1).jpg

20190523_172913.jpg

20181027_092422 (1).jpg

• Like 1

thanks Justme and spuddog0507

I think that confirms it,  thats the right direction to go.

so just which model?,and rom where. I like the look of the one in your 

photo spuddog0507 wheres that from? I noticed it got timber tines with grippy bits.

i sore on the digbits that is an option, but its got less tines.2and3 rather than 3/4.