Jump to content
geridam@aol.com

Huge Oak Fallen

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Signing off as had a big day at school, renovating a money pit and now a famous preserved ancient oak has parted this mortal coil and landed in my poor old neighbours garden... I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

https://www.diy.com/departments/fpcsp45-45cc-petrol-chainsaw/3663602627531_BQ.prd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

. I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

That might be a solution... get in touch with a decent chainsaw carver, turn it into a priceless work of art, split the profits.

 

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

A giant wooden sculpture of a roaring lion now stands proudly in a Central Chinese city square, and the journey it took to get...

 

Edited by peds
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, peds said:

That might be a solution

I thought you meant the 'opening the bottle' bit!

Edited by Con
Spelling
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Signing off as had a big day at school, renovating a money pit and now a famous preserved ancient oak has parted this mortal coil and landed in my poor old neighbours garden... I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

You can't leave us yet, we haven't discussed householder's  insurance!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I seem to recall reading that two things that surprised arborists after the 87 storms were how shallow most roots actually were, and how many trees carried on growing after they had blown over.

Might be a long way from dead.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, peds said:

That might be a solution... get in touch with a decent chainsaw carver, turn it into a priceless work of art, split the profits.

 

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

A giant wooden sculpture of a roaring lion now stands proudly in a Central Chinese city square, and the journey it took to get...

 

Now you're talking!

 

Turn that 'liability' into a work of art which could add gazillions to the value of the property!

 

Rob and Kim are down thereabouts - Rob probably work for food but Kim might want a commission!

 

https://www.chainsawcarving-uk.com/about/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I seem to recall reading that two things that surprised arborists after the 87 storms were how shallow most roots actually were, and how many trees carried on growing after they had blown over.

Might be a long way from dead.

Actually the damage done by extraction or ' clearance'   with root damage and soil compaction,      was worse than in areas where trees were left 'as is',  k

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, peds said:

That might be a solution... get in touch with a decent chainsaw carver, turn it into a priceless work of art, split the profits.

 

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

A giant wooden sculpture of a roaring lion now stands proudly in a Central Chinese city square, and the journey it took to get...

 

Half of the carving would be in next door, what happens if she wants a rhino and he wants a horse, they would end up with a unicorn! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Will C said:

Half of the carving would be in next door, what happens if she wants a rhino and he wants a horse, they would end up with a unicorn! 

I’m still looking for a downside for that 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.