Huge Oak Fallen

geridam@aol.com

43 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

If they go down that route (root 😂) there may well further expense in replanting / replacing the TPO tree too. 

Make it safe and retain ‘as is’ (if appropriate) would avoid costs associated with stump grinding, replanting and future TPO liabilities. 

What a load of hassle for a fallen tree, for a standing tree I sorta understand TPO's, for one on the deck it sounds madness.

Surely if it’s fallen over the deal is off regarding TPOs?

Just crack on.

Only one man to ask of course.

Send out the bat signal @daltontrees

That black piss coming from that hole...
I’d be very very careful with that tree.
£20,000 fine per bat yiu disturb.
And that’s a classic bat sign.

5 minutes ago, Rough Hewn said:

That black piss coming from that hole...
I’d be very very careful with that tree.
£20,000 fine per bat yiu disturb.
And that’s a classic bat sign.

They must drink a lot of Stella, far too much for bats.

Just à cavity filling up with water overflowing imo.

• Like 3

So on the minus side you have an old garden tree which has had generations of family activity with children swings, nailed and chained, maybe remains of an old iron fence inside,  fence nails , wire.

A few of these items coming into contact with saws can soon become expensive.

I would have expected a much bigger root ball if the tree was fully alive, but it looks as though it has rotted

The black water mark coming from the hole seems to indicate that the main trunk is rotten inside

There are no nice straight lengths that I can see for milling

You will have a big expense repairing the neighbours damage and making good her lawn and tidying all the brash without wheel marks and footprint trails

You  may have problems with people concerned about bats, replacing with another tree, or having to leave a certain amount of dead wood around for the birds and the bees and other life that benefits from fallen timber

It looks as though you will have to employ a tree surgeon anyway to assess the situation if the tree is protected.

WWW.SOUTHAMPTON.GOV.UK

Easy access to key online services, news and information from Southampton City Council

Access looks as though it will be a problem

Meanwhile on the plus side..................

• Like 4
  • Haha 1