Huge Oak Fallen

geridam@aol.com

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Signing off as had a big day at school, renovating a money pit and now a famous preserved ancient oak has parted this mortal coil and landed in my poor old neighbours garden... I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

https://www.diy.com/departments/fpcsp45-45cc-petrol-chainsaw/3663602627531_BQ.prd

. I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

That might be a solution... get in touch with a decent chainsaw carver, turn it into a priceless work of art, split the profits.

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

A giant wooden sculpture of a roaring lion now stands proudly in a Central Chinese city square, and the journey it took to get...

Edited by peds
  • Like 2

Signing off as had a big day at school, renovating a money pit and now a famous preserved ancient oak has parted this mortal coil and landed in my poor old neighbours garden... I have opened a bottle... am googling  DIY 'tree sculpture with a chainsaw" so thanks again for the advice all.

You can't leave us yet, we haven't discussed householder's  insurance!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, peds said:

That might be a solution... get in touch with a decent chainsaw carver, turn it into a priceless work of art, split the profits.

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

A giant wooden sculpture of a roaring lion now stands proudly in a Central Chinese city square, and the journey it took to get...

Now you're talking!

Turn that 'liability' into a work of art which could add gazillions to the value of the property!

Rob and Kim are down thereabouts - Rob probably work for food but Kim might want a commission!

https://www.chainsawcarving-uk.com/about/

29 minutes ago, Dan Maynard said:

I seem to recall reading that two things that surprised arborists after the 87 storms were how shallow most roots actually were, and how many trees carried on growing after they had blown over.

Might be a long way from dead.

Actually the damage done by extraction or ' clearance'   with root damage and soil compaction,      was worse than in areas where trees were left 'as is',  k

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, peds said:

WWW.BOREDPANDA.COM

Half of the carving would be in next door, what happens if she wants a rhino and he wants a horse, they would end up with a unicorn!