Huge Oak Fallen

geridam@aol.com

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Kevin, be serious, no one is going to be prosecuted for removing that fallen oak.

😂 how dull would it be if we restricted ourselves solely to the 'practical' rather than the 'theoretical' and 'fanciful' realms Mick?

I concede.....  In practice, where no significant previous planning or ecological transgressions might have attracted the LA attention or ire, and where there is no obvious foul play or apparent potential financial or other nefarious gain, it could slip quietly under the radar of LA TO scrutiny.  But that would have to be taken on risk.

In the spirit of things though....  Would you concede that there are legal obligations which could result in a pants down hot crumpet for tree owner and unwary contractor if someone wades in with saws at full tilt and the smell of 2 stroke wafting across the valley?

I was more concerned with how the OP was feeling being pushed from pillar to post with people saying they would do it for free (if they were local) then the likes of me saying it’ll be a 4 figure sum, then someone saying there’ll be bats in it so you can’t touch it for fear of prosecution, then you getting all hypothetical/theoretical just to send her head spinning.

Anyway, that tree is across gardens and has broken fences and God knows what else.

She has to get it sorted pronto.

Do you think she should have to fill out forms in triplicate and wait with her fingers crossed?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I was more concerned with how the OP was feeling being pushed from pillar to post with people saying they would do it for free (if they were local) then the likes of me saying it’ll be a 4 figure sum, then someone saying there’ll be bats in it so you can’t touch it for fear of prosecution, then you getting all hypothetical/theoretical just to send her head spinning.

Anyway, that tree is across gardens and has broken fences and God knows what else.

She has to get it sorted pronto.

Do you think she should have to fill out forms in triplicate and wait with her fingers crossed?

You avoided the question though (Boris!)

There is (at least) 1 good egg TO in that area that I know of who would very likely take a massively practical and sympathetic approach (I happen to think he’s a rare breed though) 

That said, there is an unequivocal legal requirement for the tree owner (I think perhaps not for the neighbour) to follow correct process - you agree Shirley?

11 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You avoided the question though (Boris!)

There is (at least) 1 good egg TO in that area that I know of who would very likely take a massively practical and sympathetic approach (I happen to think he’s a rare breed though) 

That said, there is an unequivocal legal requirement for the tree owner (I think perhaps not for the neighbour) to follow correct process - you agree Shirley?

Yes I did avoid the question. 
I will continue to avoid the question as it doesn’t suit my narrative.:)

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Yes I did avoid the question. 
I will continue to avoid the question as it doesn’t suit my narrative.:)

Just trying to present as full a picture of the “potential” implications as might be possible. 

For example, removal of the entire tree would / could require a replant and a continuation of the TPO whereas removal only of that part which offends the neighbour (and retention of the remainder) might avoid a replant requirement. 

• Like 1