No mix in 2T machine

Jack.P

37 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Cheeky bit of turf, you'd only pay for a written report if you intended taking someone to task for the damage.

Haha .yeah considering charging halfwit responsible for any damage 

I guess it would likely get progressively worse with regular use but unsure about this  .will take it to the shop for there advice , they might just say run it for a while on normal mix and see what happens 

I've never had a mix up but have always been paranoid about it. The best thing I ever did was to shell out (and not much extra either!) for those Stihl transparant petrol cans. The lids are also much better than standard cans, but most importantly it's plainly obvious whether fuel has mix in it or now.

Recommended.

If it still runs, you're probably ok. I would replace fuel, prime often, run and go. If it runs fine, what should be wrong? In best case you've just lost a few hours lifespan. 

As it's brand new you will loose warranty if a dealer should open it, because your worried of the wrong fuel. If your buddy opens it, scratches on the screws will tell your dealer in a later warranty case, that somebody messed with it. 

If it will break soon, because of the fuel you just take the warranty. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Doesn’t your mix have a dye in it? Operator error for not checking at fill-up IMO.

If you have an auto spout you dont see the fuel when filling up and rely on the fuel in the can being mixed right. Easy when you are one man band though

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, doobin said:

I've never had a mix up but have always been paranoid about it. The best thing I ever did was to shell out (and not much extra either!) for those Stihl transparant petrol cans. The lids are also much better than standard cans, but most importantly it's plainly obvious whether fuel has mix in it or now.

Recommended.

I use Stihl HP Super though, the green stuff rather than ordinary red as it's got a stabilizer in and sometimes I have a machine sitting for 6-9 months before I use it next. Works a treat but it's a bit less obvious just looks like petrol with a very faint green tinge, don't think you'd spot it through a translucent plastic can.

On 23/02/2021 at 09:40, Darkslider said:

I use Stihl HP Super though, the green stuff rather than ordinary red as it's got a stabilizer in and sometimes I have a machine sitting for 6-9 months before I use it next. Works a treat but it's a bit less obvious just looks like petrol with a very faint green tinge, don't think you'd spot it through a translucent plastic can.

You do- and that's the very reason I changed to clear cans!

• Like 1