How To Operate a Log Splitter

Always interested gathering info on the firewood business. I have learned much about firewood here in North America and a little in Europe. Ive always thought about how the UK copes with limited wood access and humid climate. We had significant dampness here, but not like there and we have endless supplier. I am an avid youtube viewer and I like their ideal about it being a community for networking. After learning so much from it, I thought that I would provide info back into the realm as a return of favours.

Thanks Stubby, I 'm a humble man, yes these machines are slow and I am a lot faster with an axe, but I cant run a business on my arm joints. I thought I killed my body permanently with an axe when I started 10 years ago, bad carpal tunnel too, but I recovered 90% luckily. Experience helps you split wood faster with a slow machine, notice I was getting other blocks ready while waiting on the wedge to go up and I wouldnt let it go all the way. also I show when to turn the block upside down to complete splits and return the ram before it goes all the way down because the wood has been split already. I rent my machines out for extra income to compensate for their slowness.

Once I resurrect my high output custom made machine, I'll be doing up to 8 logs per  cycle instead of maximum 2.

It would take me one hour to split a half a bush cord, with an axe I can do it in less than 15 minutes. I use a 6 lb maul axe any time I have wood that will split easy

I know a lot about your country in the WWII area. I probably have the world's biggest private WWII documentary collection in the world. Hail Churchill, he came through after his past failures. Too bad his political success post-war dwindled quickly. I like Bomber Harris too, his monologue reflected fearlessness and ability to stop the Germans in their track. One of the many things that our countries have in common is that we both have one of the two flight-capable Avro Lancasters in the world. I can go to the Warplane Heritage Museum less than an hour and a half away from where I live. I've lost my videos but I will upload footage in the spring

• Like 1

You should start your own channel if you've got some type of content, ability, profession or talent. Theres never been a time where you can earn income doing your own job that you're already getting paid for or should we just pound each other down and further divide the plebs while our lives are being usurped by the profit makers? God bless gentlemen