TreeRex SetUps

PatrickFirwood

Hi 

I recently purchased a Edelrid TreeRex harness, and I'm looking for some ideas/inspiration from others on how to best set it up and utilise it's features. 

Overall I like the design of the treerex and love how light it is. However, there are a few issues that I have found. First of all the little first aid bag seems a little small? I like to have a tourniquet and israeli bandage in mine, but I can't see any way you could make both of them fit in the little kit they provide? Secondly I can't see how the adjustable rope bridge can be of any use, as soon as i move from side to side the ring triggers the knot causing it to release? 

Last of all, there's many little gear loops located on the back of the harness that Edelrid say are rated to 10kg. I would like to use these somehow to store gear etc but they are tiny... does anyone have any ideas on how to best utilise them? 

The guy who I did my last FirstAid course with firmly recommended tournique device ( think it was that Israeli one, you can put it on one-handed  ) he was ex battlefield medic and specificaly wrote his course for tree surgeons - never thought it was recommended until he told his stories ! K