Time For New Lowering Device

5 shires

Been thinking for a while now about getting a new lowering/rigging down device...I don’t do many huge take downs and when I do I have help who have all the bigger winch and handle type devices so I was looking at just replacing my old stein port a wrap.

i first saw this device a few years ago at the Arb Show but it was just to much money for what I wanted to pay so left it but at the same time I thought this device is a massive step forward in how to rig down desent sized limbs and would suite my needs.

so when this came up on the good old eBay I thought I would give it a punt...new they retail at around £295 so I put in my max bid and left it and luckily I won it....so just wondering if any guys or gals on here have one and your thoughts,have I got a bargin or have I wasted my money.paid £120.

9A7CEC78-45DA-4EC0-A124-6F77A5C0A15E.thumb.jpeg.c791c35e7acdff35a1566cd37175adbb.jpeg

Edited by 5 shires
  • Like 1

I guess use it on a few jobs and see. Looks to me something I would not pay £295 for but £120 useful on smaller jobs, maybe that's why they have not caught on too much.

Does it strap on to the tree like a bollard? I'm a big fan of my small Treerunner, I think something strapped to the tree is easier to use than a portawrap especially as the people helping me are often less experienced.

2 hours ago, Dan Maynard said:

I guess use it on a few jobs and see. Looks to me something I would not pay £295 for but £120 useful on smaller jobs, maybe that's why they have not caught on too much.

Does it strap on to the tree like a bollard? I'm a big fan of my small Treerunner, I think something strapped to the tree is easier to use than a portawrap especially as the people helping me are often less experienced.

Yes it wraps around tree just as a normal port a wrap and can take up to 500kg using the round discs in different configurations.

3 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Looks amazing bit of metal work - pics when youv rigged it . :) K

Ya K no problems..it’s set up same as normal port a wrap and surprised no one else on here as used or got one...they have been around for a number of years now.will load up some photos when using it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Does it fix solid to the tree or does it flap about like a potrtawrap?

If it’s fixed solid, I’d say it’s well worth it.

(Can’t be doing with the ‘flappy’ nonsense of a portawrap)

Think you can fix as loose or solid depending on weight...but will be haveing a play around with it I need the week.

• Like 1